• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarius Wright was open... A lot

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Lol @ in-game adjustments.

If you watched last night's Saints-Texans game, you saw a really good example of what in-game adjustments can do.

He might be an insufferable douche and wear the world's most punchable face, but Sean Payton is one of the best strategic thinkers in football.

Ron Rivera, well...isn't.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you watched last night's Saints-Texans game, you saw a really good example of what in-game adjustments can do.

He might be an insufferable douche and wear the world's most punchable face, but Sean Payton is one of the best strategic thinkers in football.

Ron Rivera, well...isn't.

So when the Saints come back from 14-3 at halftime to score 27 points in the second half, it’s cause of genius adjustments...but when we come back from 13-3 at halftime to score 24 points in the second half, it’s cause of what, exactly...? Let me guess, just the players overcoming pitiful coaching as always.

58 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Watch the replay again, no baubling of the ball, and at point of contact he had it properly tucked and a second hand on it underneath. It was just a perfect punch out.

I watched the replay when it happened. The ball was moving in his hand while he was pressing forward. It stopped rolling in his hand literally as the punch came. I watched that like a hawk. It was NOT perfect. I would highly recommend going back and re-watching because it was not properly tucked.

I tried to see if we had a readily available clip on YT, but the highlights from NFL don't show the slow mo. If I come across one in the wild, I'll link it for convenience :)

EDIT: Found it on Twitter! 

Yea, that was sloppy ball handling on his part AND a perfect punch by Littleton (he had himself a hell of a game Sunday)

4 hours ago, raz said:

and i'm saying that while i agree cam had weinke-itis out there  - but our coach and 2 gms gave it to him

The GM is responsible for the line. Cam had decent lines until Gettleman got here. At least Hurney is trying to invest in the line. After one game, I'm of the opinion that the line did a pretty good job---certainly enough to win!

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

The GM is responsible for the line. Cam had decent lines until Gettleman got here. At least Hurney is trying to invest in the line. After one game, I'm of the opinion that the line did a pretty good job---certainly enough to win!

There’s a reason why Cam got the ball out quickly. There’s a reason we don’t throw deep. It’s too hide how bad the offensive line is. Every time Cam tried to throw deep the pocket collapsed. Except for the one overthrow that he rushed. Can’t blame someone for missing a throw when you only get one opportunity at it in a game. Goff routinely missed throws but his line gave him enough time to try try again. The difference is often opportunity. If Cam threw it deep on another play for a score we wouldn’t be talking about the one miss. 

The film is out there. Someone show me a clean pocket with a receiver that’s not a 4th read wide open deep down the field. I’ll wait.

Just now, top dawg said:

Difficult to invest when the previous regime completely wrecked the salary cap for multiple future seasons. :/

Though I would argue that every year with the exception of the dumpster fire that was 2016, at LEAST a 4th rounder was invested in every draft while those books were getting cleaned up. Edmund Kugbila (2013, 4th), Trai Turner (2014, 3rd), Daryl Williams (2015, 4th), and Taylor Moton (2017, 2nd). We had Kalil throughout that tenure as well occupying the center position.

Aside from Kugbila, that's 3 of our 5 current starters that were drafted. Investments.

4 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Cam is a divisive topic on this board. Divisive topics drive traffic on message boards. Traffic on message boards generate revenue for the owner of said message board.  

To clarify, you believe he created this topic strictly to stir up controversy and subsequent clicks that turn into ad revenue?

Are you aware of how that revenue is calculated and accumulated? It is miniscule, and when taking into consideration access to ad blockers (which are widespread and the result of the death of much, much larger forums than this one), that line of thinking comes across as paranoid at best, dillusional at worst. You've got a pretty good head on your shoulders from what I've seen, and I think that if you knew a little more detail about that you would be less inclined to believe it was a money making move.

Especially when there are many, many more ways to get much, much more money.

I don’t get these threads. We seem to nitpick Cam so often. If Cam carries the ball eight times in a game, we scream he runs too much. If he doesn’t rush at all, he needs to run more. If he forces the ball deep on third and two, every play doesn’t have to be THE play, take what the defense gives you. If he takes what the defense gives him, you gotta take some deep shots just to keep them honest. Now, it’s Jarius Wright was open a lot. 

OK? 

So was D.J. So was Christian. So was Curtis. So was Greg (a few times). Cam wasn’t forcing the ball into traffic yesterday. We’ve seen forcing. He did it plenty with KB, but that wasn’t the case Sunday. 

Jarius and D.J. will not get a similar amount of targets. Not only is D.J. on the field for more snaps (which I imagine we want of our 22 year old receiver who was drafted in round one to be the future), but he’s going to be the first read far more often than Jarius. Wright got 59 targets last season, which is the second most in his career. He’s going to get his.

I mean, I think we can all admit that Cam could have played better, and has played better in the past. 

But why does every perceived error in a singular game always devolve into questions about his skill/intelligence (ie. So he still can’t read the field)? Really? He read the field just fine. He and his receivers weren’t always on the same page? And he had a few overthrows, but let’s be honest about what happened. We lost because we made mistakes (and we gave up more than 130 rushing yards in the second half), the least of which was Cam FORCING the ball to D.J. or Christian or whoever.

There are plenty of things we can call out Cam about. He’s gotta take a step back or something before that “backward pass” to D.J. so it looks more like it’s going forward. He’s gotta hit those throws outside the numbers. But complaining that Wright got one target instead of the three he averaged per game last year is beneath us, I think. 

Or at least, I hope.

2 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

People also forget thatr in 2015, Cam's MVP season, the offense stumbled out of the gate as well:

image.thumb.png.1b0b63e843eb571e53858dc771fb72a2.png

We played a good team and got beat. We notoriously start slow every year. We'll be fine. 

Yes, but without KB eventually Cam spread the ball around. If this last game was any indication, we're treating Moore like he's number 1 WR. In today's league, you may have a number 1 WR but your offense main focus shouldn't be getting them the ball. Find the open guy.

Hindsight is 20-20 though cause I remember when we lost to the Vikes in 2016, everybody was like why KB didn't get the ball

Archived