• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarius Wright was open... A lot

Jeremy Igo

I think when you hear Cam talk about chemistry that's what he is talking about. I mean he hasn't practiced for almost two years now because of his shoulder. QBs like Brady and Brees are always working with their offenses and it shows on the field. 

12 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, sure is a rage. 

Good lord. 

There's a reason I didn't quote you. Your OP is fine. It's everything else. One mention of his name and we're right back to the usual knuckledraggers chiming in about how he doesn't know how to football.

Thursday needs to get here.

Toughest position to play in any sport is QB. First game of the year is especially tough on them, except for the truly elite top 3 or 4 in the league. Has one set of eyes operating at field level while attempting to dodge giant men attempting to hurt him all while keeping a running 2D diagram of the play rolling and translating it to the 3D action around him.

We can only hope that by Thursday Cam gets a better field picture. He said he felt like a rookie again and maybe he was saying something more to the truth than just he felt young and rejuvenated. New throwing motion, new line, still a newish playbook and style. Hopefully it will just take a little time because, in truth, I'm not sure in the NFL that teams can afford to have too much time invested in someone's second rookie season.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

There's a reason I didn't quote you. Your OP is fine. It's everything else. One mention of his name and we're right back to the usual knuckledraggers chiming in about how he doesn't know how to football.

Thursday needs to get here.

Eh, I just skip over their posts. They just want attention.

Yall give Cam some time. He has hot routes and he is adjusting to game speed. This is the importance of preseason. He didnt have one so he is slower to read new defensive schemes. He will catch on soon enough.  We see he has his zip back, he just needs to get back to game speed and the long ball will come. 

2 hours ago, beastson said:

How many times did you see Wright get the ball in TC? Hogan? I swear I rarely heard their names. It doesn't matter if the play is designed for them. That has to stop immediately, but this is what they've worked on during the off-season 

So you're saying that players usually perform how they practice?  The practices that the coaches run and closely observe?

Interesting concept, Mr. beastson... not enough Cam hate included though.  Try again.

Does everyone remember the first game last season, where the offense looked particularly anemic against Dallas, and we barely won, scoring like 13 points?  They seemed to turn it around alright after that, and Cam was lighting it up the first half of the season.  Im willing to give the players and coaches the benefit of the doubt.  Now they need to come out and stomp a mud hole in Tampa, and walk it dry.

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

Does everyone remember the first game last season, where the offense looked particularly anemic against Dallas, and we barely won, scoring like 13 points?  They seemed to turn it around alright after that, and Cam was lighting it up the first half of the season.  Im willing to give the players and coaches the benefit of the doubt.  Now they need to come out and stomp a mud hole in Tampa, and walk it dry.

People also forget thatr in 2015, Cam's MVP season, the offense stumbled out of the gate as well:

image.thumb.png.1b0b63e843eb571e53858dc771fb72a2.png

We played a good team and got beat. We notoriously start slow every year. We'll be fine. 

15 minutes ago, joemac said:

Heck, in 2015 the O didn’t look that great either, they always start slow. 

Archived