• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarius Wright was open... A lot

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just finished watching the game in the coach's film and noticed how often Jarius Wright was open but not getting targets. Defense keyed in on Moore mostly where Cam tried to force the ball. 

Would love to see the ball spread around more against the Bucs. More diversity needed in the passing game.

Just posted this in another thread, but did you notice the cushion they were giving DJ?  I suspect Curtis was seeing the same thing, though I don't have coaches film or the stats to back it up.

It seems as if they were making an effort to force us underneath.  This makes sense when you stop to think about it.  Our QB "appears" to be really healthy for the first time in years.  When he is healthy, we know what he can do.  Given this, I suspect the Rams said, "He's got something to prove, he will want to go deep, we are not going to allow that."

Most of the "bad" passes, at least to my eyes, were when Cam was trying to force the ball in.  He really wanted to get Greg involved.  I don't blame him, but in this particular case, it was not the right choice.  You're saying you saw Wright open, and that makes sense to me.  SOMEONE had to be open, because the Rams were committed to taking away the "scary" part of DJ / Curtis / Cam / Greg.  Hopefully Cam looks at the tape and goes, "Yea, that's on me, I need to look for the guy who is actually open".

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just finished watching the game in the coach's film and noticed how often Jarius Wright was open but not getting targets. Defense keyed in on Moore mostly where Cam tried to force the ball. 

Would love to see the ball spread around more against the Bucs. More diversity needed in the passing game.

He was open, but he does need to study his routes better. He ended up in the same spot as other receivers a lot too. 

41 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Cam was best when he was spreading the ball around to everybody just like in his MVP season. IDK why, but sometimes Cam just goes back to keying on one WR all game.

I really hate to say this but I was thinking about this while watching the cowboys game, they were spreading the ball to everyone and there offense was looking amazing.  

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

So you're saying Cam is a QB who still can't read the field?

More that (like many qb’s)....Cam is licking in on Moore and Olsen rather than taking what the defense gives him

remember 2015....he didn’t have that go to guy, so he was forced to spend it around.  That is the improvement that would takecCam to the next level as a passer.

54 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Cam was best when he was spreading the ball around to everybody just like in his MVP season. IDK why, but sometimes Cam just goes back to keying on one WR all game.

We dont know what Norv and Scott are saying to him in his headset pre-snap either.  They could be telling Cam where to go for all we know....

Archived