• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarius Wright was open... A lot

Jeremy Igo

30 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Making up what? If your going to try a dt at T or a guy at Lt because he’s left handed, or a all pro guard at tackle, why not Jackson ? It’s not piss poor you’re the goof that jumped in the middle of a convo not knowing the context of it before hand, what sense does that make. Just like you conveniently ignored another poster listing the fa Lt’s available during his tenure, you skip over all relevant information to highlight one Gabe Jackson.... straw man at his finest, than brought up joe Adams for god knows what 

Because I had a question about your example. Not anyone else’s. And your response is “why not”. My bad. I thought this was based in reality not whatever fantasy is needed. It wasn’t about the subject, it was about you and a shitty example that you still can’t admit was a shitty example. It has nothing to do with any other posts in this thread. No matter how much you want it to be. 

And bringing up Joe Adams is a lot more relevant to the discussion than a Guard that never played a snap at this Tackle-only discussion. Trading a 3rd for him cost us Terron Armstead. 

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Because I had a question about your example. Not anyone else’s. And your response is “why not”. My bad. I thought this was based in reality not whatever fantasy is needed. It wasn’t about the subject, it was about you and a shitty example that you still can’t admit was a shitty example. It has nothing to do with any other posts in this thread. No matter how much you want it to be. 

And bringing up Joe Adams is a lot more relevant to the discussion than a Guard that never played a snap at this Tackle-only discussion. Trading a 3rd for him cost us Terron Armstead. 

I answered your questions, and it’s not fantasy goof, hence why i said hindsight is 20/20....do you even read ? 

How tf is joe Adams relevant in a conversation about how gettleman did a poor job finding a Lt ? This is this dumbass stuff I’m talking about, that’s another gm’s pick tf that have to do with dg tenure. Again hopping in a convo and don’t know left from right 

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I answered your questions, and it’s not fantasy goof, hence why i said hindsight is 20/20....do you even read ? 

How tf is joe Adams relevant in a conversation about how gettleman did a poor job finding a Lt ? This is this dumbass stuff I’m talking about, that’s another gm’s pick tf that have to do with dg tenure. Again hopping in a convo and don’t know left from right 

Hurney traded a 2013 3rd round pick for a 2012 4th he used on Joe Adams. That pick was #74 in 2013. Terron Armstead went to the Saints at 75. We had him in for a visit and he was being hyped as a potential pick. 

Now, how does a player that plays a position that we found two better players later in the same draft, have any relevancy to a discussion on LTs? 

You want to have a discussion about the LT position, we can. But if Gabe Jackson is in examples, guess where the L is hanging. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Hurney traded a 2013 3rd round pick for a 2012 4th he used on Joe Adams. That pick was #74 in 2013. Terron Armstead went to the Saints at 75. We had him in for a visit and he was being hyped as a potential pick. 

Now, how does a player that plays a position that we found two better players later in the same draft, have any relevancy to a discussion on LTs? 

You want to have a discussion about the LT position, we can. But if Gabe Jackson is in examples, guess where the L is hanging. 

Are we really about to go down a rabbit hole of what trades picks could have been? Yeah naw we not doing that because AGAIN hindsight is 20/20, 

I’m not putting either ahead of Gabe Jackson yet but I’m not complaining about the guard play either. Again you’re harping on Gabe Jackson, I mentioned Moses as well. If we’re going to straw man, straw man but don’t act like he was the only guy i threw out there. 

And clearly you don’t want to discussed the Lt issues otherwise you would have took the time to read the post beforehand, we good over here 

8 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Are we really about to go down a rabbit hole of what trades picks could have been? Yeah naw we not doing that because AGAIN hindsight is 20/20, 

I’m not putting either ahead of Gabe Jackson yet but I’m not complaining about the guard play either. Again you’re harping on Gabe Jackson, I mentioned Moses as well. If we’re going to straw man, straw man but don’t act like he was the only guy i threw out there. 

And clearly you don’t want to discussed the Lt issues otherwise you would have took the time to read the post beforehand, we good over here 

Moses isn’t a LT either. So he isn’t relevant if we a talking LT specifically. And Jackson was a reach so you could find someone we “should” have taken. 

And in an thread where people have been asked for any option available, that trade scenario could have made the whole discussion unnecessary. 

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Moses isn’t a LT either. So he isn’t relevant if we a talking LT specifically. And Jackson was a reach so you could find someone we “should” have taken. 

And in an thread where people have been asked for any option available, that trade scenario could have made the whole discussion unnecessary. 

This is after there positions have been establish, for a franchise that is constant switching players original position, it’s hard to say if either wouldn’t have gotten a look at Lt, we literally do this with all our linemen. Moton was set to be a guard and player Lt and right, Williams was a Rt and now is our Lt. 

Again id pull a Houston before giving Kalil a contract like we did

7 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

This is after there positions have been establish, for a franchise that is constant switching players original position, it’s hard to say if either wouldn’t have gotten a look at Lt, we literally do this with all our linemen. Moton was set to be a guard and player Lt and right, Williams was a Rt and now is our Lt. 

Again id pull a Houston before giving Kalil a contract like we did

Then I guess any OL drafted in the last 6 years could have been our LT. If a guy who never played OT in college or pros is an example, anyone is. 

And considering I was the biggest critic of the Matt Kalil signing, on this board, I sure am not arguing with that. But throwing away 25M on him isn’t a lack of trying to fix the position. It’s horrible judgement. If Greg Little is a bust, does that mean Hurney didn’t try or does it mean he picked the wrong player?  

As you have repeatedly said, hindsight is 20/20. And even using it it’s hard to find any decent options in the draft. Signing Kalil in FA, when there were other options available, was one of the worst signings ever. Just like I said before he signed and for the last two years. And that’s all on Gman. 

Archived