• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarius Wright was open... A lot

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_Draft

2014 draft - only 1 Offensive lineman drafted after Kony Ealy is an all-pro. That would be Trai Turner. The only other OTs drafted worth a damn were Morgan Moses in the 3rd (and he's a RT) and Charles Leno Jr. drafted in the 7th who literally everyone else missed out on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_Draft

2015 Draft - Only 1 OT tackle taken after Devin Funchess has been an All-Pro. That would be Daryl Williams. The only other OT taken after Funch that is any good is Rob Havenstein for the Rams and he plays RT. Really weak OT class overall. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NFL_Draft

2016 Draft - Plenty of good positional players taken after Vernon Butler was selected. None of which are Tackles. We can all agree that Butler hasn't been all that great but no Tackle has been worth a damn from this draft class that we would have been able to snag at any point. 

It's been a OL graveyard the past few years and DG managed to put 3 all-pros on the line in Norwell, Turner, and Williams, and one pro-bowl potential player in Moton. 

Give Gettleman crap for being a prickly SOB. Give him crap for whiffing on Butler. Give him crap for whiffing on 2 out of 3 corners the year we let Norman go. You can't give him crap for his contributions to our offensive line. One suspicious Matt Kalil contract does not negate all the other great moves he made in putting that unit together while he was our GM.

We didn’t need all pros at tackle, a lot of us wanted Moses over ealy at the time, there’s no excuse going into a season with Nate chandler and Byron bell as your tackles, none. We just need guys better than a converted dt to ot and a turnstile in Byron bell, which we got for one year,2015, but hindsight is 20/20 there was Moses,Gabe Logan, ect that were available when we picked, but we chose not too and got who? He failed to replace gross, and even Ryan who I thought should have been gone a couple seasons ago, than the contract to Kalil was unforgivable, like I said I’d rather pull a Houston than sign a guy like Kalil to a contract like that 

9 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

We didn’t need all pros at tackle, a lot of us wanted Moses over ealy at the time, there’s no excuse going into a season with Nate chandler and Byron bell as your tackles, none. We just need guys better than a converted dt to ot and a turnstile in Byron bell, which we got for one year,2015, but hindsight is 20/20 there was Moses,Gabe Logan, ect that were available when we picked, but we chose not too and got who? He failed to replace gross, and even Ryan who I thought should have been gone a couple seasons ago, than the contract to Kalil was unforgivable, like I said I’d rather pull a Houston than sign a guy like Kalil to a contract like that 

27M in dead cap space(20% of the total cap) was a pretty good reason. And Moses was horrible as a rookie and we found just as good in the 4th the next year. And he wouldn’t have helped at LT. 

We could have had Terron Armstead in the 3rd if the pick didn’t get traded for Joe Adams. 

And who’s Gabe Logan?

16 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Maybe you need a hobby...you spend a concerning amount of time on here.

There's a whole discussion of Ron Rivera's coaching prowess going on over in Ellis's thread with several participants.

I saw where you ventured in there, said something you realized was wrong and had to take it back, but you could try again.

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

27M in dead cap space(20% of the total cap) was a pretty good reason. And Moses was horrible as a rookie and we found just as good in the 4th the next year. And he wouldn’t have helped at LT. 

We could have had Terron Armstead in the 3rd if the pick didn’t get traded for Joe Adams. 

And who’s Gabe Logan?

Not responding to anything outside of dg tenure, not about to get in a 6 page debate about dg vs hurney for no reason, 

Gabe Jackson, Logan is a syphon filter reference 

most rookie tackles are bad, that’s not an excuse, nor is the cap, again teams like the saints ect manipulate the cap every year 

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Not responding to anything outside of dg tenure, not about to get in a 6 page debate about dg vs hurney for no reason, 

Gabe Jackson, Logan is a syphon filter reference 

most rookie tackles are bad, that’s not an excuse, nor is the cap, again teams like the saints ect manipulate the cap every year 

Gabe Jackson? You mean a guy whose ONLY played G his entire career? The same position that we found TWO ALL-PROS later in the same draft. Sure.....that sounds reasonable. 

And since 2014 was the issue, his rookie performance certainly is relevant. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's a whole discussion of Ron Rivera's coaching prowess going on over in Ellis's thread with several participants.

I saw where you ventured in there, said something you realized was wrong and had to take it back, but you could try again.

LOL what in the world are you talking about? What did I say that was “wrong” and when did I take anything back? Are these just confused, senile ramblings?

If you’re that desperate for my attention then sure I’ll be back over there to reply to you in a minute. You are one strange dude.

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Gabe Jackson? You mean a guy whose ONLY played G his entire career? The same position that we found TWO ALL-PROS later in the same draft. Sure.....that sounds reasonable. 

And since 2014 was the issue, his rookie performance certainly is relevant. 

I’m sure he performed better than a converted dt, plus the convo you’re referring to is me an another poster talking about who was available during those 2nd round picks 

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m sure he performed better than a converted dt, plus the convo you’re referring to is me an another poster talking about who was available during those 2nd round picks 

So your examples weren’t as good as what we drafted after them? How’s that work?

24 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

There are plenty more examples I only listed 2 players, already said hindsight is 20/20 

And even with 20/20 hindsight, the examples you give don’t hold up. Yet the narrative that the GM who brought us 2 All-Pros and one second team All-Pro,(and Moton) somehow ignored the OL in 5 drafts. 

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

It's 20/20 hindsight now, but it wasn't back then. There were plenty, including myself, that expressly considered all those guys over the years. People weren't high-giving about Oher or Speed Bump! I don't remember one person here or in the media praising those moves. Far from it! It's not like I'm the only one coming from left field here. 

Getting back to the original point, which was that the front office has ignored the offensive line. 

Safe to say they didn't ignore the line. 

Just because you don't agree with a teams decisions doesn't mean they have ignored a position. 

Archived