• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarius Wright was open... A lot

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Like another poster stated we are just nitpicking about cam at this point, this was a mediocre game but the perception around here is dude played like jameis or baker.

sidenote I know we are not debating if dg invested in a Lt, cap excuse is played, we’re watching the saints and other teams manipulate the hell out of the cap each offseason. Although I’m in agreement the 1st round wasn’t yielding any cornerstone tackles lately, second round did field some good o linemen that we passed over for guys like ealy and funchess. Besides the obvious cmc and maybe KK dg failed to put any franchise guys around the team, you can argue turner but that’s very debatable. Would have rather gave up a first rounder to trade for a OT than give Kalil that absurd ass contract  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_Draft

2014 draft - only 1 Offensive lineman drafted after Kony Ealy is an all-pro. That would be Trai Turner. The only other OTs drafted worth a damn were Morgan Moses in the 3rd (and he's a RT) and Charles Leno Jr. drafted in the 7th who literally everyone else missed out on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_Draft

2015 Draft - Only 1 OT tackle taken after Devin Funchess has been an All-Pro. That would be Daryl Williams. The only other OT taken after Funch that is any good is Rob Havenstein for the Rams and he plays RT. Really weak OT class overall. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NFL_Draft

2016 Draft - Plenty of good positional players taken after Vernon Butler was selected. None of which are Tackles. We can all agree that Butler hasn't been all that great but no Tackle has been worth a damn from this draft class that we would have been able to snag at any point. 

It's been a OL graveyard the past few years and DG managed to put 3 all-pros on the line in Norwell, Turner, and Williams, and one pro-bowl potential player in Moton. 

Give Gettleman crap for being a prickly SOB. Give him crap for whiffing on Butler. Give him crap for whiffing on 2 out of 3 corners the year we let Norman go. You can't give him crap for his contributions to our offensive line. One suspicious Matt Kalil contract does not negate all the other great moves he made in putting that unit together while he was our GM.

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much what I expected.

The reality is that strategy and adjustments are things that Sean Payton does very well. That's an acknowledgement of fact, and if you asked pretty much any objective NFL analyst, they'd agree. Heck, if you ask most of the posters on this board, they'd agree too.

You can try to frame that acknowledgment as disloyalty if you want, but all it really does is make you look silly.

It's one thing to cheer for your team, quite another to be delusional.

Gotcha...must be nice to provide zero evidence for any claims and unironically demand it from any opposing arguments. From now on, I’ll follow your tactics.

”Yo, Ron is the best coach in NFL history...it’s just fact bro. All the analysts would agree with me”. Sounds very much like a certain prominent political figure in our country.

FYI: you can’t specifically point to the Saints’ Monday Night game as evidence of Payton’s genius and then when questioned about it, appeal to generalizations of “Well everyone just knows he’s a strategic genius”. That’s just silly, dawg.

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Gotcha...must be nice to provide zero evidence for any claims and unironically demand it from any opposing arguments. From now on, I’ll follow your tactics.

”Yo, Ron is the best coach in NFL history...it’s just fact bro. All the analysts would agree with me”. Sounds very much like a certain prominent political figure in our country.

FYI: you can’t specifically point to the Saints’ Monday Night game as evidence of Payton’s genius and then when questioned about it, appeal to generalizations of “Well everyone just knows he’s a strategic genius”. That’s just silly, dawg.

Actually it has a lot to do with who I'm arguing with.

Your MO has long been to try to extend an argument without offering anything on your side.  I could explain to you specifics, but I doubt you'd even read them. The one tidbit I'll leave you with his it has a lot to do with the pace of the offense as well as attacking weak points on the opponent.

But getting into a deep discussion where you're just trolling anyway? I'm not that bored today.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually it has a lot to do with who I'm arguing with.

Your MO has long been to try to extend an argument without offering anything on your side.  I could explain to you specifics, but I doubt you'd even read them. The one tidbit I'll leave you with his it has a lot to do with the pace of the offense as well as attacking weak points on the opponent.

But getting into a deep discussion where you're just trolling anyway? I'm not that bored today.

Your MO is non-substantive arguments littered with emotional and weirdly defensive ad hominems.  The bold is particularly ironic considering you will always resort to “Nah I’m not reading all that” at least once in each argument. Just like you always resort to another go-to of yours “I’m not bored enough to engage you” while you proceed to continuously engage me on everything I say lol. Please, go on.

19 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Your MO is non-substantive arguments littered with emotional and weirdly defensive ad hominems.  The bold is particularly ironic considering you will always resort to “Nah I’m not reading all that” at least once in each argument. Just like you always resort to another go-to of yours “I’m not bored enough to engage you” while you proceed to continuously engage me on everything I say lol. Please, go on.

I'll read a long argument, and engage in a large debate, if I think it's with somebody whose effort is worth it.

But I'm not going to the effort of writing out a long analysis for somebody who either won't understand it or will just come back with something like "well that's not true."

You want me to debate? Make it worth the effort.

The fact that you're actually resorting to something as silly as touting Ron Rivera's adjustment and strategy prowess tells me you're just being stupid for the heck of it.

Boring.

13 hours ago, top dawg said:

Whitworth, Penn, Reiff, Okung, Veldheer were all FAs at one time or another. Some were Band-Aids, and  some better than others for sure, but all were better than Kalil and probably Oher too when you compare their careers in their entirety.

Hindsight is always 20/20. And once again, you said it yourself. Ya don't accept it. 

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Hindsight is always 20/20. And once again, you said it yourself. Ya don't accept it. 

It's 20/20 hindsight now, but it wasn't back then. There were plenty, including myself, that expressly considered all those guys over the years. People weren't high-giving about Oher or Speed Bump! I don't remember one person here or in the media praising those moves. Far from it! It's not like I'm the only one coming from left field here. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll read a long argument, and engage in a large debate, if I think it's with somebody whose effort is worth it.

But I'm not going to the effort of writing out a long analysis for somebody who either won't understand it or will just come back with something like "well that's not true."

You want me to debate? Make it worth the effort.

The fact that you're actually resorting to something as silly as touting Ron Rivera's adjustment and strategy prowess tells me you're just being stupid for the heck of it.

Boring.

Cool, let me try that too:

Hey I’d write out an entire post indisputably proving that Ron is way superior to Payton, the latter of whom is actually the worst coach in the NFL. I could use lots of facts and statistics and then get it published in a peer-reviewed journal and win a Pulitzer. But nah I don’t feel like it cause you wouldn’t understand it.

Bravo...you really got me. It’s hilarious that I even called you out on your “I’m not gonna even bother engaging you, you’re not worth it” followed by “hey let me continue to engage with you and tell you how you’re not worth my time” and here you are...like clockwork. Just can’t help yourself lol.

Please provide my quotation on the bold? Since your comprehension is severely lacking, let me provide you with some clarity. I questioned your double standard when it comes to your idolatry of Payton and your utter disgust of Rivera...considering they both had second-half turnarounds in their Week 1 games and you chose to arbitrarily highlight one of them as evidence of strategic genius while ignoring the other one.

Looking forward to your continued engagement.

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Cool, let me try that too:

Hey I’d write out an entire post indisputably proving that Ron is way superior to Payton, the latter of whom is actually the worst coach in the NFL. I could use lots of facts and statistics and then get it published in a peer-reviewed journal and win a Pulitzer. But nah I don’t feel like it cause you wouldn’t understand it.

Bravo...you really got me. It’s hilarious that I even called you out on your “I’m not gonna even bother engaging you, you’re not worth it” followed by “hey let me continue to engage with you and tell you how you’re not worth my time” and here you are...like clockwork. Just can’t help yourself lol.

Please provide my quotation on the bold? Since your comprehension is severely lacking, let me provide you with some clarity. I questioned your double standard when it comes to your idolatry of Payton and your utter disgust of Rivera...considering they both had second-half turnarounds in their Week 1 games and you chose to arbitrarily highlight one of them as evidence of strategic genius while ignoring the other one.

Looking forward to your continued engagement.

Nah.

Archived