• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 3 issues to fix on this team.

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

It’s the scheme of the D. Bradberry played a great game but I saw some comments about how he didn’t get Gurley down at the end of the game. He did on one run and the second I think he did as well but not before a nice gain.

The problem was that at the end, the Rams were able to get Gurley one on one with a CB easily. I’m sorry, but Bradberry did well given the circumstances. I’ll take Gurley one on one with a CB every time. Maybe he doesn’t break one every time but he’ll gain enough every other time to make up for any good open field tackles.

The Rams were able to force that scenario way too easily and that’s Ron’s fault.

i agree, I was worried during preseason about our run d this year 

On 9/9/2019 at 8:39 PM, davos said:

If you look back to our SB run, Cam thrived with those mid-level seam throws to Olsen and Ginn past the LBs but ahead of the safeties.  He had a nice pass like that yesterday but they really don't seem part of the playbook much anymore.  If we're giving him all these out routes to WRs, it's going to be a similar result.  I think Turner really needs to reassess the playcalling.  

In addition, when we do have strong protection, you can see Cam is almost surprised he doesn't have to run for his life.  Every drop back he's expecting to dodge and duck.  If the OL gets more consistent he should be able to wipe that from his mojo.   

So my three:

(1) Norv needs to open things up, diversify, and spread the offense around.  More of an EP style with slants and seam routes. 

(2) OL consistency.  I think Larsen should be at LG.  Paradis isn't that impressive and Moton/Williams need to swap.  It's clear as day IMO and I'm surprised the way we have the line sorted.

(3) Discipline all around.  Play clock, coaching, no huddle, making quick decisions.  This is on everyone, Rivera, Cam, Blackburn, etc.  We need to be decisive and ruthless not confident slow-trotters. 

This. 100% agree!

Archived