• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 3 issues to fix on this team.

Jeremy Igo

Wave a magic wand and tell me the top 3 specific things you would fix. Not "the offense".

Mine: 

1. Cam throws the floaters on target. It seemed his passes with more zip and less arch looked good yesterday. Anything with air under it sailed long. 

2. More diversity on offense. Less workload on CMC. Get Scarlett in the game and spell CMC some. 

3. Convert on 3rd downs. That really killed us yesterday. Have to get off the field and get the defense rested. 

Tempo, Simplicity, and confidence on offense.

Less zones, less zone coverage, and less cushions that are given in zone. I hate the zone when it’s this predictable. You almost knew woods or kupp were gonna go for 7-9 every catch. I honestly think we’ve some bad ass corners, let them rock a little.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Wave a magic wand and tell me the top 3 specific things you would fix. Not "the offense".

Mine: 

1. Cam throws the floaters on target. It seemed his passes with more zip and less arch looked good yesterday. Anything with air under it sailed long. 

2. More diversity on offense. Less workload on CMC. Get Scarlett in the game and spell CMC some. 

3. Convert on 3rd downs. That really killed us yesterday. Have to get off the field and get the defense rested. 

Pretty accurate. Pooing this post or not should be some sort of litmus test

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This seems like two separate issues tbh.

Insofar as more diversity, sure, would love to see a couple read-option looks . . . a couple "why not" deep shots . . . etc.  However, breaking out the wildcat / read option on the goal lines was pretty damn creative.  So there is some truth there, but not so much that it was crippling.

Less workload on CMC, tbh, is something that "someone" (not saying you, I don't know where it comes from) keeps dragging out and it's bat(@*% crazy.  I ran the numbers in another thread you can dig up if you want, but basically CMC (using 2018 numbers as a basis), is seeing significantly fewer touches than Emmitt Smith or rookie LT saw under OC Norv. 

I wasn't sure how to take Head Coach Norv's stats, because for the most part HC Norv either didn't have a "world class" back or had a "world class" back with an almost equally "world class" backup (aka LT + Sproles in SD).

Just to bring it all home, in 2015, the height of "Double Trouble", Stew got 258 touches, MeAngelo got 240 and Cam got 132 for a backfield total of 640 touches.  CMC had 326 last year.  CMC is fine.  It wouldn't hurt us to get a handful of touches offloaded to another back, but how about we do that when we are sewing up big wins, eh?

1. Pass protection

2. Play calling - seems like the offense has transitioned from Cam or bust to CMC or bust. Samuel should have way more than three touches, in my opinion he should be WR1 and DJ should be WR2.

3. Ron Rivera actually learning from his mistakes but who am I kidding

Archived