• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints - Texans Game Thread (Go Texans)

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not only that, but rushing up to touch the guy down. Take your time. If you don't rush over to touch him down there's a decent chance those two seconds tick off.

Pretty sure there’s a rule about “giving yourself up” where the play is called dead if the ball-carrier goes down with no intention to advance.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sober as a judge. Whether we're talking a house party or the internet guests have to know how to behave when they're a guest in someone else's house. You've crossed into troll territory. It gets your ass kicked at a house party. 

I really don't know why he can't just go to his own board. Like he's talking poo even when we don't play the saints. All mods care about banning is people who post non liberal political stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it earlier, and still believe it even with the poorly managed ending...

Anybody who's marking the Texans game down as an easy win might want to rethink that. They looked pretty good. Watson was clutch at the end.

Hard to tell week one. One thing is for certain they don't manage the game well. 

I’m taking away a couple positives here from the NFC South perspective. The Saints have a ton of holes in that defense of backfield when they continue to blitz in man coverage. If Houston had a Christian McCaffrey, he would’ve had 200 yards of offense. They did everything they had to do to seal the game up comfortably. They quite literally almost pulled up the trilogy of epic collapses. To be fair, Watson is that special. His timing is impeccable under pressure, he never takes the sack late. 

I’ve been saying for a couple years, the Saints defense is very gimmicky. They have a couple good pieces there in terms of coverage players. They rely on AJ Klein to man the middle of the pass and run defense. Kyle Allen torched that same first team unit for 30 minutes, as they were all playing balls out. Watsons touchdown toss was very similar to Samuel’s catch from Allen last year. 

Houston’s defensive coordinator, or which one of the men without a penis who decided to play 15 yards off before the last field goal, whoever made that decision deserves to be fired from his responsibilities. When I’m screaming at the television, and then booger echoes it, You get fired. Seriously, somebody is paid six, maybe seven figures to manage that situation. It was the easiest gift wrapped setup a field goal I’ve seen in years. 

In the end, it’s all about Sean Payton looking like a human anus. That’s the one constant variable. Sean Payton’s face, begging for punches. 

Archived