• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Plain as day on my cheap ass laptop screen...

Jeremy Igo

I think you can tell where the ball was supposed to go based on where Moore is headed before he tries to readjust.  It's pretty clear that he expected to catch it around the 9 or 10.  Instead, he tries to slow up and adjust to the ball and still can't stop his momentum enough to get it once he realizes it's going to be way behind where he expected it to be.

You can rag on the play call, but it actually looks like it's going to pick up a decent chunk of yardage if it's blocked correctly (and if the pass isn't tipped, obviously).

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

As you can see the official isn't concerned with the game itself must be checking the lines in Vegas.

That fumble was a momentum changer and we had hostile officials so they fixed it that's the REAL NFL. They have their finger on the scales at all times. The officials control the outcomes of games for.....

And this is only going to get MONUMENTALLY worse once sports betting is up and running in all 50 states.

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

yeah i don't think there's an NFL conspiracy, but i do think there are individual biases by refs. like clete blakeman who was seen trotting around town in broncos gear before he let Cam get his brains scrambled

I'm reminded of that referee some years ago who was quietly taken off our matchup against New Orleans hours before the game after people started pointing out how his facebook feed was littered with references to his deep Saints fandom.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/9/16/3341350/nfl-replacement-referee-replaced-saints

It's more common than we would like to think.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The line isn't necessary.

You can clearly see that Newton is positioned around the eight or nine yard line. Moore is on the six.

It was a backwards pass, just like it was called to be.

Look folks, I know fans are looking for a reason to say the loss wasn't legitimate and we got screwed over, but it's not always true. Sometimes you just lose games.

This is one of those times.

We had plenty of chances to win right up to the end oh, and we didn't execute on them. 

It wasn't the refs. It was the Rams, and it was us.

Take it and move on.

The pass didn’t go straight to where Moore is in the still shot. Moore was running forward, not sideways. It was not a lateral or backwards pass. 

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

The pass didn’t go straight to where Moore is in the still shot. Moore was running forward, not sideways. It was not a lateral or backwards pass. 

As someone upthread has already pointed out, the DL and his hand that tipped the pass are IN FRONT OF WHERE CAM IS STANDING IN THE POCKET.

I'll leave it to others to explain the simple physics and spatial relationships involved here.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

As someone upthread has already pointed out, the DL and his hand that tipped the pass are IN FRONT OF WHERE CAM IS STANDING IN THE POCKET.

I'll leave it to others to explain the simple physics and spatial relationships involved here.

Yea, simple things can become not so simple to some people. 

17 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

It seemed clear to me. Cam throws ball. Defender is IN FRONT of Cam (ie down the field). Defender tips ball. Therefore, it's impossible for ball to be going backwards until the tip. Ball hits ground. Pass is incomplete. I don't see how it can be any other way. Not blaming the refs for the loss but I don't see how this wasn't overturned.

I’m waiting for the all 22 to come out Wednesday so I can get the real angle on it they refused to show yesterday.

Just now, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

Would be nice If DJ moore could NOT fumble or recover a fumble.

Well, hopefully this is his annual 2 fumble game and he has gotten that all out of his system.  We really need him to be at the top of his game at all times if we are going to go anywhere this season.

Archived