• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best player in the entire NFL.

Jeremy Igo

We are very lucky to have CMC.

I have to say though I cringe at the fans who are welcoming the notion of us running him into the ground. Did you see how McVay used Gurley yesterday later in the game? They also wore us down with the backup RB. There's this thing called versatility that Panthers fans really really really need to begin understanding.

He's great. I think he's the best RB to ever suit up for us and I still think we haven't seen his peak. He runs with strength, shiftiness and smarts. He catches like a star WR1 and breaks away like he was Agent89 rebuilt. But more than anything, that kid gives everything he's got on every play -- finishes off runs and basically carried this entire team on his back for that last scoring drive.

CMC is to be applauded and marveled over, but he is not to be used as an excuse to fire Rivera or knock down Cam. He is something that will hopefully inspire his teammates, though.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I have to say though I cringe at the fans who are welcoming the notion of us running him into the ground. Did you see how McVay used Gurley yesterday later in the game? They also wore us down with the backup RB. There's this thing called versatility that Panthers fans really really really need to begin understanding.

The fans don't need to understand it, we can't do anything about it, the coaches do.

Alas, we have dumb coaching.

7 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Rivera ran Cam till other teams beat him damn near to death. Do you really think he will not do the same to CMC if it means saving his job.

5 minutes ago, TPanther920 said:

Rivera ran Cam till other teams beat him damn near to death. Do you really think he will not do the same to CMC if it means saving his job.

That's basically the point of the post?

And I'm just gonna have to go ahead and burst this Cam is washed and CMC is the savior bubble by pointing out the obvious. RB's are becoming less and less a position where you have to invest the farm for them. You can find examples of that across the league. Ask L. Bell after watching James Connor play. Ask holdout Melvin Gordon whose Chargers team won convincingly yesterday without him and kept chugging right along to a win. Even the Rams easily ran in a score on us with their backup running back. You do not have to run one RB into the ground in the NFL anymore to win consistently.

Archived