• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to rally behind Cam

Jeremy Igo

Cam says he was rusty, not on the same page as the team. He and Ron both say the shoulder is fine. There is no reason Cam should not come out Thursday night and light it up. For once in his career his receivers are getting open. I know he wishes he had a few of those throws to do over again. 

So let us pretend that the 3 point first half performance against the Rams was indeed a preseason game. That makes 24 points that followed in the second half what the regular season offense can look like. 

Playing an entire first half is what starting QB's used to do in the third preseason games to prepare fully. It makes sense that Cam and many other QBs in the league didn't look their best yesterday. 

That said, that excuse is now null and void. There is absolutely no reason why this team should not go out and dominate Tampa Bay. I believe Cam and the rest of the team will do so. 

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And speaking of the beach, what was the deal with that suit he wore? Looked like Peewee Herman on a trip to the Outer Banks.

i thought it was the baby malcolm x on a blustery day look, but yours is better

12 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Said it in another thread.

We need to be keeping a watch on the foot just as much as the shoulder. 3 rushing attempts for -2 yards isn’t Cam and if he can’t run then we are a 1-dimensional offense. The singular dimension being Christian. 

Rams did a good job keeping Cam in the pocket and maintaining gap discipline.  It’s kinda why Donald didn’t make many plays.

Cam didn’t have a bad game. He didn’t rush much, and the one scramble he seemed hesitant to. It seems that’s just the game plan, and I’m fine with that. One or two runs a game is fine. He had like three overthrows and a bad interception. He had more really pretty passes that had a high degree of difficulty. There were also the really quick release passes that were not common in previous years, like those two quick passes back to back that went for 15-20 yard gains in the 2nd or 3rd qtr.  He was rusty, yea. But he didn’t have a bad game.  The run was working for us, so he didn’t have to pass as much. 

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

Rams did a good job keeping Cam in the pocket and maintaining gap discipline.  It’s kinda why Donald didn’t make many plays.

Keeping him in and collapsing the pocket. Cam also had a number of very good plays where he stepped up in the pocket or side stepped would be tacklers then made good throws, when in the past he would have scrambled around and possibly taken the sack. 

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Cam didn’t have a bad game. He didn’t rush much, and the one scramble he seemed hesitant to. It seems that’s just the game plan, and I’m fine with that. One or two runs a game is fine. He had like three overthrows and a bad interception. He had more really pretty passes that had a high degree of difficulty. There were also the really quick release passes that were not common in previous years, like those two quick passes back to back that went for 15-20 yard gains in the 2nd or 3rd qtr.  He was rusty, yea. But he didn’t have a bad game.  The run was working for us, so he didn’t have to pass as much. 

I agree that it wasn't a bad game,  it just wasn't Cam's usual game.  

Archived