• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Donald

Jeremy Igo

25 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Fowler had a good game, but overall, the oline was pretty good.  CMC had some holes to run thru, and Cam had time for most of the game, he either just missed or the receivers couldn't get open.  Missing Samuel when he was wide open for a big gain was a heartbreaker.  

That was a tough miss. Changes the game. I believe Cam will make those plays as the season goes on. 

The OL was ok. They were going against a great front four, so it could have been worse.  But Cam had pressure pretty regularly. If he wasn’t throwing quick passes all night it would have looked worse. CMC has to make a lot of his yards on his own with cutbacks and broken tackles. I’m not saying they were bad like the past few years, but scheming out one d lineman doesn’t mean much by itself. 

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep. One of Fowler’s sacks (I’m assuming he had at least one more) was Donald stunting into Williams and Van Roten couldn’t get free and even put a hand on Fowler. 

I remember that one, I think. If I remember correctly, Fowler actually brushed against Van Roten but Van Roten couldn't (or didn't) do a thing.

With regard to the line, I still think Newton getting the ball out early is helping them look better than they really are.

donald didn't show up in the box score but we were doing a lot of quick passes to avoid getting sacks and fowler dropped cam twice, including once on a stunt from donald and a second time when daryl failed to kick out. not a great performance from the OL on the pass blocking side of things.

congrats on this pyrrhic victory though, looks nice alongside your 32-13 prediction!

Archived