• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams at Panthers - Positives and negatives

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

My only question is where were they? About half of his catches, or more, were check downs or bail outs. Line play was pretty good considering the quality of the competition. CMC balled out on an epic level and those last two runs were just amazing displays of want to win. Where was that in the others?

It was the first game of the season, and we were playing catch up for the better part of 3 full quarters.

But if watching the Rams defeat us, and how they made their run at the Super Bowl last year, versatility as the season goes on was crucial. That's a big difference between a coach like McVay, and Rivera I hate to say. We jettisoned what appeared to be a bad fit at running back, and McVay proceeded to use him to make a Super Bowl run and then sent him packing to the Lions.

CMC is a beast, but like Cam, he's still one player. The beautiful thing is as we progress through the season CMC should command more coverage and that should be the prime opportunity for our staff to exploit defenses even more opening things up. At least that's what a competent and capable offensive staff should be doing. McVay sure as hell had his offense coming out firing to start the second half.

Good game.

The Rams offense was not good in the first half, which I knew would happen.

Both QBs struggled throughout the game, so I wouldn't be too concerned about Cam - both he and Goff missed open WRs - I'm chalking it up to rust. Rams offense started humming in the 2nd half, which was good to see.

CMC is unbelievable - I knew we wouldn't be able to stop him. Thankfully we play Kamara next week and then don't have to deal with a weapon like that again his season.

Could not get a good read on the Panthers after this game - assuming Cam plays better, I think they will be a playoff team.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

It was the first game of the season, and we were playing catch up for the better part of 3 full quarters.

But if watching the Rams defeat us, and how they made their run at the Super Bowl last year, versatility as the season goes on was crucial. That's a big difference between a coach like McVay, and Rivera I hate to say. We jettisoned what appeared to be a bad fit at running back, and McVay proceeded to use him to make a Super Bowl run and then sent him packing to the Lions.

CMC is a beast, but like Cam, he's still one player. The beautiful thing is as we progress through the season CMC should command more coverage and that should be the prime opportunity for our staff to exploit defenses even more opening things up. At least that's what a competent and capable offensive staff should be doing. McVay sure as hell had his offense coming out firing to start the second half.

Sorry, but I can't blame the coaching staff for that one yesterday. Stupid turnovers, a couple of bad calls by the refs, and some bad overthrows cost us that one. Had we had one less of any of those problems, we'd have had the win. 

Still, there's some good things to take away from there and I don't think Jameis and the Bucs are up to the Ram's level. We'll know a lot more about the team come Thursday night.

10 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

After one game and just 3 series in the pre season? I shouldn't even be surprised at anything in this fanbase anymore.

Hardly, it's based on every game I have watched up to now.  There is still a potential for upside but I am seeing more downside risk than I ever have. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm hoping the Steelers have a crappy enough season that they fire Kevin Colbert.

I mainly want whoever is charge of finding all those WR they find/draft year-after-year-after-year. Unreal at the success they've had there. 

Archived