• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AB released. Which team will be dumb enough to sign him?

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Knockout said:

Riddle me this.  What happened when Anthony Davis said he was done with the Pelicans?  Did all the teams in the league go, we aren't paying him?  No, people lined up to bid for his services.  It will be the same for AB.  He will pick whatever team gives him the best opportunity to shine.  My best guess would be Seattle or San Francisco.

The NFL and NBA are two separate entities (thankfully). Whereas the NBA relies on individuals to make their product better, the NFL may highlight individuals, but the focus is on teams for their marketing. It's different when a roster consists of 53 players vs 15. 

Anthony Davis took advantage of the opportunities the NBA provided for him. He did nothing wrong. In the meantime, he didn't go to great lengths to damage his reputation. 

Not a valid comparison. 

44 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Nothing , not one thing that happened was Raider specific. It could have happened on any team. 

Disagree. Gruden was clearly enabling him. Hence why he did nothing when Brown went on his tirade. Not the first time Gruden has had issues dealing with egos either. 

In terms of what @Mr. Scot said about our locker room being great because we dont let the problem children in to begin with, we did a pretty good job keeping Hardy, Norman, KB, Deangelo under wraps. Tell me how all of those guys careers worked out after they left our locker room? (DLo played good with the Steelers Ill give you that one)

Just now, Harbingers said:

It would be easier to say Gruden played him to get rid of him for no money owed. 

Conceivably.

I wouldn't buy into that either, though. I don't think Gruden's that smart.

Heck, with his ego, Gruden probably figured he'd just brokered world peace.

Just now, Turnip said:

Well at the earliest he can’t sign with anyone until 4:30 and I don’t know how long it would take to get him ready. If we took Reid maybe we can make it work with AB.

Reid isn’t selfish though. He just rubbed the league the wrong way. He played for a trial vet minimum and proved he wants to play and win. Then we paid him.

Just now, KillaCamNewton said:

In terms of what @Mr. Scot said about our locker room being great because we dont let the problem children in to begin with, we did a pretty good job keeping Hardy, Norman, KB, Deangelo under wraps. Tell me how all of those guys careers worked out after they left our locker room? (DLo played good with the Steelers Ill give you that one)

You're talking about guys that we all parted ways with.

That doesn't help your argument, and I definitely wouldn't say we did a good job of keeping Greg Hardy of all people "under wraps".

10 minutes ago, Knockout said:

You don't know what you are talking about.  Carr has a terrible deep ball.  AB probably got frustrated that he kept missing him on throws in practice and started to worry about the season.   Now, he can get with his analytic guys and they can tell him what QB will be the best for him.  As long as he has that opportunity to shine, why would he be an issue?  

It wasn't about the QB getting him  ball. It's about him getting what he wants. He had been a major ass in Pittsburgh for years. Dude cussed out Sick Labueau because he thought he made top much money for the defense to touch him in practice. He is the quintessential primadonna.

5 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Well at the earliest he can’t sign with anyone until 4:30 and I don’t know how long it would take to get him ready. If we took Reid maybe we can make it work with AB.

Eric Reid is nothing like Antonio Brown.

Reid is passionate for a cause. Brown is primarily passionate about himself.

And whether you agree with him or not, there's no indication that Reid is a head case. Brown has red flags aplenty.

Archived