• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AB released. Which team will be dumb enough to sign him?

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Yeah, I'm sure EVERYBODY "including yourself" saw all these rape allegations coming out that NOBODY even knew about until he went to the Pats.

Let's be real: There were plenty of red flags that said "this guy is crazy, stay away from him".

There have been for years. Heck, two teams were willing to part ways with him even if it didn't exactly happen under the best of circumstances for them.

That's gotta tell you something.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's be real: There were plenty of red flags that said "this guy is crazy, stay away from him".

There have been for years. Heck, two teams were willing to part ways with him even if it didn't exactly happen under the best of circumstances for them.

That's gotta tell you something.

And the Steelers ate 20M just to get rid of him. For a 3rd round pick. Top 10 WR(all time).  I gave Tomlin a bunch of crap for not handling the team better. I owe him an apology. To keep that ego under control for that long was amazing in retrospect. 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And the Steelers ate 20M just to get rid of him. For a 3rd round pick. Top 10 WR(all time).  I gave Tomlin a bunch of crap for not handling the team better. I owe him an apology. To keep that ego under control for that long was amazing in retrospect. 

From what I've heard, Gruden didn't try.

I didn't watch Hard Knocks, but the prevailing opinion from those who have is that Gruden came off like a dumbass. He was that guy you know who's constantly acting all buddy-buddy with the very jerk who's making fun of him behind his back.

Guess he thought he could keep Brown under control by being a sycophant. Dumb.

Heck, Mike Mayock might not have come off like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but at least he didn't act like a toadie.

11 hours ago, Castavar said:

Yeah, I'm sure EVERYBODY "including yourself" saw all these rape allegations coming out that NOBODY even knew about until he went to the Pats.

Again, it was a low risk high reward after he got cut by the Raiders. There literally was a very public clause saying they don’t owe him anything if he acts up. And Brown can fight about it all he wants, he will have to win a dispute with the Patriots to see any of his signing bonuses (don't see it happening). And considering he has already received his one game check, the Pats can hold the rest of that money while they fight about it. As for PR, the Pats got through deflate-gate just fine, I'm sure this is nothing to them. It was worth the gamble for a player as good as AB, it's just didn't work out this time.

And I meant "they still win" as in, they took a gamble on one of the best WRs in football, they got a good performance from him, they cut their losses before sh*t REALLY hit the storm, and they don't have to pay him the rest of his money. I call that a minor win in my book.

We didn’t see specific rape allegations coming but we absolutely saw trouble coming. The guy is a mental case and anyone with a brain could see that.

36 minutes ago, t96 said:

We didn’t see specific rape allegations coming but we absolutely saw trouble coming. The guy is a mental case and anyone with a brain could see that.

Dude is a mental case for sure. I've never disputed that. I just thought that going to a contender or a really good QB would shut up him and he would just play football. I was wrong on that front. But again, I still say the gamble was worth it. Potentially getting one of the best WRs in football for a discount was worth the risk.

Archived