• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AB released. Which team will be dumb enough to sign him?

Jeremy Igo

Not all of this was by design, of course. I think we all kind of had this gut feeling New England would lurk in the weeds and wait for something catastrophic to happen. Maximum value. Risk? What risk? They don’t care at this point. If he sucks, or acts like crap, they’ll cut him and still go 12-4. If he has a great year, they’re the 2007 Pats again. It’s a brilliant move, it triggers Pittsburgh, it also allows BB to gain more insight on Pittsburgh’s operation. 

Until proven otherwise the AFC East is still the AFC East. The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins have done absolutely jackshit for the past decade plus. The Patriots will coast to the playoffs like they always do, AB or no AB.

As for the Panthers, well, I think this will be an interesting conversation to revisit in a mere few months depending on our record in the fall.

21 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

fans think players should be "loyal" and hope for "hometown discounts" but when a player prioritizes his own happiness he's suddenly the biggest idiot in the world for maybe leaving some money on the table.

Gonna be interesting to see how a lot of folks react to CMC holding out and demanding a record setting contract due to his unique role in our offense (esp if he makes 2k yards a year a regular occurrence), i already see people making these distinctions between him and other RBs bc he's somehow different. Yeah, the guy who sat out his bowl game to prevent injury, starting a trend, is totally gonna be interested in taking less money. 

(I'm not kidding myself, he's gonna get a pass either way)

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Until proven otherwise the AFC East is still the AFC East. The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins have done absolutely jackshit for the past decade plus. The Patriots will coast to the playoffs like they always do, AB or no AB.

As for the Panthers, well, I think this will be an interesting conversation to revisit in a mere few months depending on our record in the fall.

We surely have enough to win our division, no need for AB. It might be interesting to revisit depending on our WR performance 

Archived