• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AB released. Which team will be dumb enough to sign him?

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

If it does, it won't be soon. His agent is going to have to take offers and hope he can salvage some of the money lost as a result of this fiasco. No chance AB gets a contract near what Oakland offered.

The speculation is, NE could offer a minimum contract with incentives. If AB screws up, he's out with minimal investment. That would work well for NE (and maybe for AB), but his agent has to go through other offers first.

I seriously doubt anybody signs him before Tuesday at the earliest.

If he's on the Week 1 roster, his salary is guaranteed.

From PFT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/07/will-the-patriots-pursue-antonio-brown/

However it plays out, don’t expect an immediate landing, in New England or elsewhere, no matter how awesome it would be to see him playing against the Steelers on Sunday night (on NBC). Brown and agent Drew Rosenhaus likely will want to see whether anyone puts big money on the table before taking a minimum-salary deal with the Patriots. Also, the mechanics of releasing and signing players and finalizing rosters for a given weekend of football may make it impossible for a team to get Brown under contract and on the field by tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is the path you usually go when you know you're losing an argument.

I'll consider this your concession.

The true concession comes when he starts talking poo about McCaffrey because he thinks that it will summon white supremacists to poo up the thread and allow him an opportunity to escape back to TB.

6 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

so 1 time out of 10 they're not? hmm stay with me here: what if antonio brown is part of that 1 out of 10???

I can’t stay with you... dude ur all over the place.... the only reason why he got released is cause he asked for it... after the whole issue of fines and the altercation with the gm.... if he wanted out why did he have an emotional apology the day after, was it cause he was truly sorry or he didn’t want to get suspended and his 30 million guarantee would be voided? 

Archived