• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney freeing up cap space. Extension coming?

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

But what facts are you stating?

You are ignoring the contracts of the off season.

You are pretending its a done deal that no one in rounds 2-4 drafted will get *any* snaps this entire season?

Most of your complaints seem non factual.  Or just ignoring facts.

That Hurney has made bad decisions in his return. You have yet to show any that he “improved” on. Which is exactly what you said. Plenty of bad examples to go around

You just want to give credit for the unknown. Because the info we know doesn’t show any improvement. 

Yet. Not one player. Let me help. Jarius Wright. 

51 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He has been a bit of a bust there--we could get a good deal.

His deal is already massive for a guard and we’d take that on in a trade. I wasn’t even discussing what we’d have to give up in a trade which would still probably need to be a 3rd or 4th. Not worth it.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The same thing easily could be said about Luke if he gets another concussion.

Jake Delhomme was given a new deal when his health was in question and we saw how that turned out.

Nobody wants to see injuries happen, but if you don't plan around the possibility of them, you're an idiot.

Lol well damn, may as well never extend a player who got hurt before.

The Delhomme deal wasn't bad because of health.  It was bad because he sucked.

36 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You mention Luke and concussion in the same sentence you get poo but it's perfectly fine to speculate about Newton blowing out his shoulder the day before our season opener.

As much as things around here change they ultimately stay the same.

They’re both equally ridiculous to harp on, yet also legitimate concerns to be on the back of one’s mind. I choose to think positively that both are 100% now and will stay that way and continue on with their HoF careers for another decade or close to it.

21 minutes ago, Toomers said:

In the draft? 

If Paradis or Reid don’t play well, they will cost plenty. 

I’m sure have one of the worst LGs in the NFL, and a LT coming off injury who has never played the position before are really roadblocks for a player that cost an extra pick to get. Other players talent hasn’t been what keeps those players off the field. 

Agreed. It would not have been hard for Little to earn a starting spot. He couldn’t beat out a LG who wouldn’t even make most teams 53 or a guy who has never played LT before  I understand he’s in the protocol but he wasn’t going to win the job nonetheless

17 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Agreed. It would not have been hard for Little to earn a starting spot. He couldn’t beat out a LG who wouldn’t even make most teams 53 or a guy who has never played LT before  I understand he’s in the protocol but he wasn’t going to win the job nonetheless

It took William's and Moton a year to break in to the starting lineup. Why make career judgments of Little after one preseason?

1 hour ago, t96 said:

His deal is already massive for a guard and we’d take that on in a trade. I wasn’t even discussing what we’d have to give up in a trade which would still probably need to be a 3rd or 4th. Not worth it.

I thought  we could offer (hypothetically--and I never try to know all the ins and outs of trades /etc) a third rounder (for example) if they sent us Norwell and agreed to eat 50% of his contract---I am probably wrong, but I thought you could do that.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I thought  we could offer (hypothetically--and I never try to know all the ins and outs of trades /etc) a third rounder (for example) if they sent us Norwell and agreed to eat 50% of his contract---I am probably wrong, but I thought you could do that.

Honestly the vague reports of the Clowney trade was the first I’ve heard of that, so yeah it could be possible, but it pretty much never happens. I would do that but I doubt the Jags would.

Archived