• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney freeing up cap space. Extension coming?

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If you think that's bad don't look on page one.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but the almost hopeful tone about it is just baffling. Like imagine if fans went around saying that about Luke with his concussion history. Just pure ugliness the day before our season opener. Yet these guys just can't figure out why they keep getting saddled to losing seasons.

The same thing easily could be said about Luke if he gets another concussion.

Jake Delhomme was given a new deal when his health was in question and we saw how that turned out.

Nobody wants to see injuries happen, but if you don't plan around the possibility of them, you're an idiot.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

I seriously doubt Washington is going to give him up. Guys like that are too valuable. Besides, do you want hurn to give up multiple 1st round draft picks?

Williams has said he won't play for the Redskins, after the way they treated him when he was injured last year. He absolutely wants out.

Having said that, he WAS injured last year and hasn't played close to a full season in 3 years. He also wants a new contract. 

Pass. Or maybe, block.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The same thing easily could be said about Luke if he gets another concussion.

Jake Delhomme was given a new deal when his health was in question and we saw how that turned out.

Difference is the QB position costsa Whole heckuva a lot more than a LB.

2 things though, Luke's issue is concussions.

Concussions force guys to retire.   So if another bad one happened it would probably just force him to retire and not do anything to the cap.

Secondly QBs $$$ is so much more.  So would feel it

30 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'd be fine with a Cam Newton extension if it means the mouth breathers in this fanbase finally jump ship. The reactions would be priceless.

extend cam, bring in ab, sign kap to be backup.   i think that would do it.   we could have a 'watching heads explode' party

2 minutes ago, raz said:

extend cam, bring in ab, sign kap to be backup.   i think that would do it.   we could have a 'watching heads explode' party

AB to much money and Panthers do not need any issues on the team with his diva attitude along with negative baggage that come with him. Kap will not happen because he wants to be "A STARTER" and not a back-up.

I’m fine with the restructures so far. Luke and Trai are going nowhere and are in no danger to be cut. Short is the only one I wonder about, but the coaching staff knows where he is at, and has a much better idea of how he performed last year based off what they ask him to do. It’s not going to kill us if he plays out his current contract. 

D. Williams was OK at LT---The biggest problem we had was Van Roten and Paradis--our undrafted overachievers.

That is not to say bringing in Trent would not upgrade us at 2 positions.

It could also suggest that Little is worse than we thought--injury or skill set.  I think that he could play LT if he gets his mechanics right, but part of me wonders how many coaches have tried...

Bradberry makes sense--Thompson does not.  We really have not seen him in the 3-4 much.  Why now?  Personally, I think he is a bit smallish to handle the pounding.

3 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I’m fine with the restructures so far. Luke and Trai are going nowhere and are in no danger to be cut. Short is the only one I wonder about, but the coaching staff knows where he is at, and has a much better idea of how he performed last year based off what they ask him to do. It’s not going to kill us if he plays out his current contract. 

Relying on the player evaluation skills of our current staff is not something I'm especially comfortable with.

11 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

AB to much money and Panthers do not need any issues on the team with his diva attitude along with negative baggage that come with him. Kap will not happen because he wants to be "A STARTER" and not a back-up.

ABs contract was just voided so it remains to be seen how much he would cost another team assuming he’s released... 

If we are extending Cam, which I think is a possibly ake Delhommish mistake right now, he might need money now to offset the long term costs.

Still, this smells like an acquisition is going to happen.

I am wondering about LG, not LT.

Van Roten is a good puller and can actually get to  the second level.  He is not good in pass protection.

Or FS--if Boston has not shown he is worth it, cutting him with some cap space and bringing in a legit S could be the move--I doubt it--but he really has not played well.

Archived