• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you who wanted AB on here this past spring

ncfan

56 minutes ago, Montsta said:

My thing with AB is that he has always been dancing to the beat of his own drum (think Marshawn Lynch). You know that when you sign him. But then he does some stuff that’s very public (the helmet thing was a poo show, and IMO the catalyst for all this), and it makes management question where his head is really at. I mean, guys holding out for money against the organization is one thing, it’s very pay me or i wont show up, but beefing with the NFL to the point where you threaten not to play? I mean he ain’t with the Steelers anymore, he’s on a new team where he should be putting his best foot forward.

Then posting Mayock’s fine letter on social media? How could you not think that would come with a less than stellar reaction from management? That should be left internal.

I just don’t understand AB’s stance toward the Raiders as an organization. They thought highly of you, traded valuable draft picks to get you, paid you, and then your first thing is to tell them I will fug you out of all this investment if I don’t get my way about a ten year old helmet that I’ve known for some time was no longer going to be certified as useable by the NFL?

Again, beefing with the league is one thing, but when a team that invested so much into you gets the shaft as collateral damage for your personal war, I don’t know man that’s a really shitty thing to do.

My theory is that he let a lot of this go to his head. The fact he was successful with his maneuver to get out of Pittsburgh and his previous success getting that franchise to overpay him just fed into his ego and caused him to think he had a lot more leverage than he actually does.

The helmet thing is so bizarre that I have to believe he honestly thought he was so important that the NFL was going to fold on that. Similar with missing all the practices with the Raiders, I think he got the notion he was untouchable. Well, he's about to get humbled really quickly. I am not one to typically side with teams or the NFL on contract and money issues but in this case I hope the Raiders get every dime back from him. This douche needs to get taken down a peg and realize that he can't do any and everything he wants. Being arguably the best at what you do doesn't excuse childish attempts to make the NFL backtrack on a SAFETY ISSUE(something the NFL has a HORRIBLE track record of and had a multi-billion dollar lawsuit regarding) nor literally not showing up FOR YOUR JOB on a team that traded to get you. All this after going mental and being unbelievably selfish in Pittsburgh. 

So, as a consistent defender of players rights in their fights against the league and the owners; Antonio Brown, you sir can go fug yourself.

if i had to spend more than 5 minutes with derek carr i might snap too. amari didn't act up, but it killed his will over time. i couldn't imagine having to spend 5 minutes with mayock either.  total douche.  i'd wanna punch him just for how he talks.

7 hours ago, NCBlu said:

Is this the Madden curse coming for another players career? Dude has not  been right since beeing on that cover..

Nah

He hasnt been the same since Vontez Burfict knocked him out in the game a few years back. 

Think that has more to do with it

6 hours ago, Montsta said:

My thing with AB is that he has always been dancing to the beat of his own drum (think Marshawn Lynch). You know that when you sign him. But then he does some stuff that’s very public (the helmet thing was a poo show, and IMO the catalyst for all this), and it makes management question where his head is really at. I mean, guys holding out for money against the organization is one thing, it’s very pay me or i wont show up, but beefing with the NFL to the point where you threaten not to play? I mean he ain’t with the Steelers anymore, he’s on a new team where he should be putting his best foot forward.

Then posting Mayock’s fine letter on social media? How could you not think that would come with a less than stellar reaction from management? That should be left internal.

I just don’t understand AB’s stance toward the Raiders as an organization. They thought highly of you, traded valuable draft picks to get you, paid you, and then your first thing is to tell them I will fug you out of all this investment if I don’t get my way about a ten year old helmet that I’ve known for some time was no longer going to be certified as useable by the NFL?

Again, beefing with the league is one thing, but when a team that invested so much into you gets the shaft as collateral damage for your personal war, I don’t know man that’s a really shitty thing to do.

I read somewhere yesterday that AB told someone close to him that the whole helmet thing was just drama for Hard Knocks.  AB said that Gruden told him to play it up to help HBO's ratings.  Take of that what you will, but I saw the screenshot of the DM conversation and he did say that.

8 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

I would agree, but the team to sign him would be the Raiders. Unfortunately, they are in the process of potentially kicking him to the curb. I don't know if there is any coach/GM out there who is willing to risk the distraction to bring him in. Couple that with the idea that AB will STILL want to get paid and I think he sits this year, at least. 

Did you see what Funchase got in Indy? Its plausible but he is good enough and there is always a need. I'm just not sure who would at this point.

Word travels fast. GMs and coaches know antics the public doesn’t. This dude wrecks locker rooms.

One rumor going around that Mike Tomlin said “we protected him. It was a thousand times worse than anything you’ve heard. Absolute circus.” Ryan Clark called this a year ago. And people were blasting him.

this dude will be out of the league if he doesn’t get his act together soon.

Folks acting like this is no big deal and you'd sign him anyway...

You don't have to work with him. All you're doing is reading a story on the internet.

There's also the mentality that football is all fun and games. And maybe at a kid's level, it is. At the pro level, it's your job and it's how you feed your family. You can put up with an idiot teammate in high school (there's not really a choice) but when it's your career, that's another story.

If you've ever had a co-worker that made you absolutely hate going to work, one you thought might be more than a little off in the head and could even be on the verge of a blowup / meltdown, think of this in those terms.

If you're a hiring manager, that's the kind of guy you stay away from.

Archived