• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you who wanted AB on here this past spring

ncfan

Just because his personality is enigmatic doesn't mean he's a kicker room cancer. All this stuff coming out recently should've caused problems years ago if this supposedly has been brewing. Nobody had all this to say about him just 2 years ago. There's a reason why 2 star players left that organization disgruntled. They pick and choose who they want to keep that will abide by their law and keep hush hush about Ben and his shenanigans. All I'm saying is we need another offensive threat, if he becomes available why not kick the tires and if it makes sense it makes sense if not keep it moving and we will have a new coach and GM next year anyway. 

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

No one is going to "Pay" him after this

Yeah, they will.   You're talking about arguably the greatest WR in the game and possible all-time.  There are many teams that will take a chance on that, especially if they can structure the contract similar to what the Raiders did.  

AB is a diva.  Some teams don't know how to work with divas.  Raiders are obviously one.  AB just wants a team with a QB that's going to make him look good, meaning someone who can throw an accurate deep ball - not Carr.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Some team will pay him. I doubt it will be as many years and as much per year as his last deal, but someone will pay him. As bad as he has been, he hasn't crossed into the NFLs blacklist...yet. 

I would agree, but the team to sign him would be the Raiders. Unfortunately, they are in the process of potentially kicking him to the curb. I don't know if there is any coach/GM out there who is willing to risk the distraction to bring him in. Couple that with the idea that AB will STILL want to get paid and I think he sits this year, at least. 

6 hours ago, dcpanther89 said:

Just because his personality is enigmatic doesn't mean he's a kicker room cancer. All this stuff coming out recently should've caused problems years ago if this supposedly has been brewing. Nobody had all this to say about him just 2 years ago. There's a reason why 2 star players left that organization disgruntled. They pick and choose who they want to keep that will abide by their law and keep hush hush about Ben and his shenanigans. All I'm saying is we need another offensive threat, if he becomes available why not kick the tires and if it makes sense it makes sense if not keep it moving and we will have a new coach and GM next year anyway. 

Dude... no lol

6 hours ago, dcpanther89 said:

My thing with AB is that he has always been dancing to the beat of his own drum (think Marshawn Lynch). You know that when you sign him. But then he does some stuff that’s very public (the helmet thing was a poo show, and IMO the catalyst for all this), and it makes management question where his head is really at. I mean, guys holding out for money against the organization is one thing, it’s very pay me or i wont show up, but beefing with the NFL to the point where you threaten not to play? I mean he ain’t with the Steelers anymore, he’s on a new team where he should be putting his best foot forward.

Then posting Mayock’s fine letter on social media? How could you not think that would come with a less than stellar reaction from management? That should be left internal.

I just don’t understand AB’s stance toward the Raiders as an organization. They thought highly of you, traded valuable draft picks to get you, paid you, and then your first thing is to tell them I will fug you out of all this investment if I don’t get my way about a ten year old helmet that I’ve known for some time was no longer going to be certified as useable by the NFL?

Again, beefing with the league is one thing, but when a team that invested so much into you gets the shaft as collateral damage for your personal war, I don’t know man that’s a really shitty thing to do.

Archived