• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you who wanted AB on here this past spring

ncfan

14 minutes ago, raz said:

reminds me of a qb who had to be sued for trashing a place, his good buddy.    

Over a fish head in the freezer. AB is nuts. I got a dozen of them in my freezer right now at least. If it was left in AB’s bed, Maybe you could believe this. 

I will say there’s only a few varieties of soup you can use salmon heads in though. Too oily, has to be tomato(acidity) based to compensate.   

Interesting observation from Ryan Leaf who has real-life NFL flameout experience:

“It just seems like @AB84 doesn’t want to play football anymore,” Leaf, who is now a college football analyst for ESPN, wrote. “All evidence points to that. I can completely relate to his behavior. I behaved the same way...playing the victim and I never had near his talent. Personal accountability is such an attribute. I hope he finds it soon.”

Makes a lot of sense.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/antonio-brown-ryan-leaf-raiders-incident-mike-mayock

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Over a fish head in the freezer. AB is nuts. I got a dozen of them in my freezer right now at least. If it was left in AB’s bed, Maybe you could believe this. 

I will say there’s only a few varieties of soup you can use salmon heads in though. Too oily, has to be tomato(acidity) based to compensate.   

yeah, i'm just pointing out the same kind of character assassination some of these guys love doing to ab, they hate when other people do it to our qb.    plus, the hard on they have for getting their justice on for ab is frikkin weird

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Word travels fast. GMs and coaches know antics the public doesn’t. This dude wrecks locker rooms.

One rumor going around that Mike Tomlin said “we protected him. It was a thousand times worse than anything you’ve heard. Absolute circus.” Ryan Clark called this a year ago. And people were blasting him.

this dude will be out of the league if he doesn’t get his act together soon.

You are spot on.  The guy is a cancer.  Due to his incredible talent for a long time the Steelers worked around his antics but at a certain point the cancer exceeded their pain threshold.

Great recap here about how Steelers protected him for years:  https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-enabled-antonio-brown-and-now-the-raiders-are-paying-for-it-051043795.html

A snippet: 

Brown’s run-in with Mayock on Wednesday apparently wasn’t the first time in his career he had an open confrontation that created an uncomfortable scene.

“He came out the day after he signed that extension [in 2012] and he was riding everybody – yapping at everyone,” the source said. “Saying things about how he was the franchise and telling people not to touch him during practice. Saying it to the defense and yelling at the defensive coaches.

“At one point it started getting really heated. It was really tense. You could feel it. So [defensive coordinator] Dick LeBeau kind of intervened and AB snapped on him and started cursing him out. He was screaming at Coach LeBeau.

“Guys were just looking at each other like, ‘Is this dude serious right now?’ It almost started a fight. [Safety] Ryan Clark and [cornerback] Ike Taylor and [safety] Troy Polamalu were hearing all this and so was the crowd at practice. You could tell the crowd could hear it by their reaction to it. That’s how bad it was.”

The source continued: “I saw Troy get seriously pissed off maybe twice, and this was one of those two times. Troy was so mad, he says to wide receivers coach Scottie Montgomery, ‘The receivers are live [targets] the rest of this period.’ Which was Troy’s way of saying, ‘We’re going after this guy.’ ”

image.thumb.png.90712f36ebc24b9e05fe1e414d9d8d8d.png

I'd love to be the executive tasked with straightening this knucklehead out --- zero tolerance.  My way or the highway.  Given he's a no-character, low-IQ person the odds are high that he would quit.....but, he might just thrive!

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word now that he's apologizing profusely to Raiders leadership.

Little to late for apologies after all that mouthing off he did and that really won't stop him from getting suspended though. Maybe he will hopefully learn from this because he will not win if he starts these type of problems again later on this season.

12 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

I would agree, but the team to sign him would be the Raiders. Unfortunately, they are in the process of potentially kicking him to the curb. I don't know if there is any coach/GM out there who is willing to risk the distraction to bring him in. Couple that with the idea that AB will STILL want to get paid and I think he sits this year, at least. 

I could see the Pats doing a one year deal. I could also see him sitting for a while before going to make some money this year. It's the NFL, there is always someone that has nothing to lose and everything to gain by bringing in a talent like AB. What about the Cowboys? You couldn't see that one? Seems like a match to me.

51 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Little to late for apologies after all that mouthing off he did and that really won't stop him from getting suspended though. Maybe he will hopefully learn from this because he will not win if he starts these type of problems again later on this season.

I'd allow and accept his apology --- but would also put a zero tolerance policy in place going forward.

Force him to leave all electronic devices in his car (remember when he live streamed form the locker-room). 

He would be required to delete all social media accounts for as long as he was employed.

Fine the snot out of him for every minute he is late for anything (he is habitually late)....I mean I would fine him so aggressively we'd recoup the entire contract if he didn't stay in line. 

He'd have a team rep on his ass from the moment he pulled into the parking lot until second he pulls out at the end of the day. 

Any newsworthy transgressions made outside of official team activities, more big fines.

For him it would be akin to prison.  Every second of every one of his work days would be controlled by others....like a wild horse, he needs to be broken.

He'd probably fail.......but some humans respond well to tough love.

23 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

:crying:

This has nothing to do with talent evaluation. It has to do with someone repeatedly breaking the rules, posting inappropriate company things on social media and threatening physical violence on a boss. Mayock is doing the thing Pittsburg should’ve done as soon as this guy started getting out of line.

if it’s true Brown has apologized profusely and is going to follow the rules that every single player in every single organization in the nfl abides by then Mayock did a great job.

22 minutes ago, SBiii said:

I'd allow and accept his apology --- but would also put a zero tolerance policy in place going forward.

Force him to leave all electronic devices in his car (remember when he live streamed form the locker-room). 

He would be required to delete all social media accounts for as long as he was employed.

Fine the snot out of him for every minute he is late for anything (he is habitually late)....I mean I would fine him so aggressively we'd recoup the entire contract if he didn't stay in line. 

He'd have a team rep on his ass from the moment he pulled into the parking lot until second he pulls out at the end of the day. 

Any newsworthy transgressions made outside of official team activities, more big fines.

For him it would be akin to prison.  Every second of every one of his work days would be controlled by others....like a wild horse, he needs to be broken.

He'd probably fail.......but some humans responds well to tough love.

you sound like a psychopath. hopefully you didn't breed 

13 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

you sound like a psychopath. hopefully you didn't breed 

You sound like accountability makes you uncomfortable.

In addition, clearly you don't understand the definition of psychopath....look no further than A. Brown for a great example.

The more I read about this, the more I think the Raiders had absolutely no plan to suspend AB.  They recognize that he is a drama queen, and are willing to work around it.

I don't think they would ever have nullified his contract to cut him.  Waaaay too risky.

43 minutes ago, SBiii said:

I sincerely believe this would lead to the complete destruction of AB as an on the field talent, and make all that money you are paying him worthless.  Treat a person like they are in prison and they won't give you their best effort.  No matter how much you pay them.

The suggestions there wouldn't create accountability, but brew hostility.   

Archived