• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've tallied the numbers. Official prediction is in. Details within...

Jeremy Igo

44 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

The flaw in your plan is assuming Ron can recognize and implement a Belicheckian strategy. I would be SHOCKED if defensive calls come in after the mic is turned off. 

Switches on Defensive calls would come from Kuechly, not from the bench.  I think he can handle that.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:26 PM, L-TownCat said:

A team that lost the SB and has not played its starters since that game is gonna travel to the East Coast to play a hybrid defense (no tape) and defend a unique offense led by (when healthy) an MVP caliber QB?

Gimme that home squad in what could be an absolute smacking of a so-cal team riding last year's hype.

If we do beat them, and we should, they will really struggle this year.

Agreed.

If I were McVay, I'd probably try to have Goff go ahead and run the play on a quick count / hurry up style. The idea would be to not give the defense the time to start changing things up.

Whether McVay will do this or anything like it? Unknown.

Whether Goff could handle running the offense like that? Unknown.

The more ideal situation would be for Goff to have learned to do the adjustments and such himself by now, but again whether that's happened or can happen, unknown.

36 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Switches on Defensive calls would come from Kuechly, not from the bench.  I think he can handle that.

Yea I know. Im talking about what the OP referred to, Belichick’s SB strategy where he hid the defensive alignment until after the QB’s mic was turned off.  Not Luke’s adjustments. 

I couldn't get past the first line because you're wrong, the offense is encumbered by whether or not the O line can do it job. You are harking back to the old Cam haters saying he holds onto the ball too long. Why did he hold onto the ball too long? Was it because he has never had a receiving corps worth a poo and a powerful O line? The answer is yes. That's not on Cam.

Archived