• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers injury report - Almost completely healthy

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How long has Little been in the protocol now? Must have been a fairly significant concussion.

Since the Pats game. I’ve also noticed that we keep the guys in the protocol longer than pretty much every other team on average. Whoever the independent neurologist is seems to be much more cautious than other teams.

6 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Honestly, I like to hear this. 

As much as I’d selfishly like to see the guys get cleared and return as quickly as possible, it is definitely a positive that they are very cautious with returns from concussions.

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s been way too long to be minor. Not a real good sign. If he gets out of it this week before the game then I’d chalk it up to being extra cautious we don’t want another Oher situation. If he’s inactive week 1, that’s not good at all. 

As of tomorrow, it will be two weeks. That doesn't seem all that long, at least in comparison to others.  I don't have specific numbers but it seems most of them last 2-4 weeks.  

Edited to add 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/31/concussions-keeping-nfl-players-off-the-field-longer/2604023/

NFL players who suffered concussions last season spent an average of 16 days off the field, a significant increase from previous years, according to new injury data from 2012.

7 years ago, it was 16 days, probably longer now.

I know this.  I would fee better about Sunday if Irvin would be suiting up.  Not that I don’t feel great about BB long term.  But how is he against the run so far? With Irvin out our could see a heavy dose of Gurley being run right at Burns.  

And wtf fug is up with Little.  Hurneys ass is tied to that kid.  And he is still on the protocol.  If he’s in tomorrow still he won’t be available as a backaip this weekend. 

While I was lambasted this offseason, I still think the best call was for Moton at LTWilliams at LG and Cody Ford at RT.  

On the positive side it’s still better than how we came out of last preseason.  And it’s an odd year. 

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, sad situation. But at least we seem to have learned lessons from it. I think that specific situation is a big part of the reason why were so conservative with our concussion management.

Yep, him and Luke. 

Like Dr. @Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said above, I'm perfectly fine with letting these dudes get 100% healthy from a concussion before coming back. I don' twant what happened to Junior Seau to happen to anyone of our players. 

Archived