• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sound Off! Official Rams at Panthers Predictions Thread

Jeremy Igo

I put this on the "Narrative" thread -- should have waited for this one.

"Contrary to the fears (and expectations) that many NFL experts -- including many Panther fans -- expressed before the game, Aaron Donald and the vaunted Rams did NOT sack the "injury-prone" Cam Newton into an early retirement.

Quite the opposite occurred, as Newton efficiently carved up the aging Rams' secondary, while being adequately protected (only one sack) by his maligned OL.  Passing TDs to Greg Olsen, Curtis Samuel, and Jarius Wright showed that Newton's repaired shoulder is A-OK.

New place-kicker Joey Slye  made 3 of 4 FG attempts, relieving concerns of some that his pre-season success wouldn't last, once the games were for real.

The 37-17 final score didn't fully indicate the one-sidedness of the game,, as the Panthers scored 2 1Q TDs, and never looked back.

Now the 'experts' have to reassess the opinion that the Panthers would be lucky to win 8 games this season."

3 factors that may be important:  the Rams' starters haven't played a down in the pre-season, and their timing should be off.  And this is a 10AM game for their internal time clocks.  Lastly, they've lost 2 key OLinemen, and our improved pass rush personnel could give them fits.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Enough wavering on the fence you have found so comfortable. 

Time to take a stand. 

Who Wins?

Score?

Notable stats?

Impress me with your powers of prognostication. 

I think Cam is gonna ball out(of course the OL maybe not) but if he gets decent protection we will win and cam will look like his old self.

Hard to call this one...

Cam coming off surgery and an ankle sprain 

Question marks all across the o-line

Defense playing its first meaningful game in the new look 34

Ron now calling plays on D

Rams have a lot of weapons on offense

Will Donald destroy Cam?

Panthers 20

Rams 17

Okay this is a close game. Panthers start off slow but defense gets a couple turn overs and ignites the offence.

Cam throws three TD's one to McCaffrey, a long one to Samuel, and one to his favorite target Olsen.

Defense gives up a couple scores early but holds tight in the second half.

Panthers 31- 24

The key to the game is going to be the pressure we can create on the 2 new OL. Allen, a third rounder who Scouts has listed as an UDFA before the Rams reached for him in the 3rd at C. And Noteboom at LG.  If KK can have a big game I think we win. I think McVay will have a ton of short patterns in his gameplan.  That means we can’t have a  gameplan of  playing  off 10 damn yards.  

Prediction: our Slye guy sneaks one through from 53 for a 27-24 win.  

Archived