• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welcome to Ron and Marty's final chance

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Let me ask you this question. 

Would we have had a winning record last year if Cam hadn't have wrecked his shoulder? The answer would have been YES.  Making 2018 our first back to back winning seasons.  You could say he should have pulled Cam and started someone else but we all know Cam. 

Injuries play a major role in how the team does. 

Blaming the coach isn't always the right answer.

You don't know this answer. The defense was absolute dogshit all year. Cam played well up until the Seahawks game and still gave us a chance to win in that one, and against the Browns. The defense being dogshit is 100% Rivera's fault.

6 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

In my opinion Hurndog and Ron should be evaluated on most recent season only, because it’s the most relevant to tell where they are right now.   This team they put together should compete, so we will see where they are at and where Cam is at towards the end of the year.

That'd be like evaluating a player based only on his contract year. Or, for that matter, on a year when he was injured.

You have to take in the whole body of work. Picking and choosing to only evaluate certain years is how bad decisions get made.

After 9 years, as I said in another link, this needs to be the ‘no excuses’ year

it’s not like any of  these issues are new to this organization

the new excuse is the ‘geling’ of the oline.  I wonder if NE would use that excuse?  For a starting oline to look that bad, my god, what does Matsko do in OTAs, mini camps, training camp, practices ?   It is mind boggling    These are pros

I dont believe Tepper wants to have the Marv Lewis of the NFC South   

I truly hope I’m wrong.  I want Ron to do well.   I don’t want a coaching change but this season is it.   Too much money available next year and too many roster decisions to allow the same old same old for year 10. 

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If it is a Cam-less rebuilding process, as some are suggesting, we better hope it is a 2-3 year rebuilding and not a 10-15 year rebuilding.

Franchise caliber QB's don't grow on trees. Cam is the only franchise QB in the history of the Panthers.

Jake had a winning record 3-of-6 seasons and went 8-8 in 2 of the other 3 seasons. 

Cam's 3-for-8 on winning seasons and had a losing record in each of the other 5 seasons.

Been thinking about this, 2019 might not be the last year for Ron or Marty. 

Any owner who expects a winning season when their team is going to a new defensive scheme with players who have never played in a 34 before should probably not be owning an NFL team.

Seriously, think about it. How many of our guys on D have ever played in a 3-4? They have basically had one training camp to learn Ron’s new “hybrid” system. 

Dont be surprised if they struggle the first few games.

5 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Jake had a winning record 3-of-6 seasons and went 8-8 in 2 of the other 3 seasons. 

Cam's 3-for-8 on winning seasons and had a losing record in each of the other 5 seasons.

I don't think anyone in the league other than Marty Hurney considered Jake Delhomme a franchise QB during his career. I have nothing but respect for Jake but he isn't the kind of QB Cam is. Cam is a legit franchise QB. Jake was not.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think anyone in the league other than Marty Hurney considered Jake Delhomme a franchise QB during his career. I have nothing but respect for Jake but he isn't the kind of QB Cam is. Cam is a legit franchise QB. Jake was not.

I'm not making an argument that Jake was a franchise QB.

23 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Been thinking about this, 2019 might not be the last year for Ron or Marty. 

Any owner who expects a winning season when their team is going to a new defensive scheme with players who have never played in a 34 before should probably not be owning an NFL team.

Seriously, think about it. How many of our guys on D have ever played in a 3-4? They have basically had one training camp to learn Ron’s new “hybrid” system. 

Dont be surprised if they struggle the first few games.

I have been trying to prepare myself for the stumbles but the pre season did show some flaws so hopefully they have tried to correct them. I do know for fact having Burns on the sideline is gonna equal bad results. He is looking the best fit right now in this scheme.

Archived