• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welcome to Ron and Marty's final chance

Jeremy Igo

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd take a two to three year rebuilding process now over another three years of  half-ass mediocrity and then a two to three year rebuilding process anyway.

If it is a Cam-less rebuilding process, as some are suggesting, we better hope it is a 2-3 year rebuilding and not a 10-15 year rebuilding.

Franchise caliber QB's don't grow on trees. Cam is the only franchise QB in the history of the Panthers.

14 hours ago, stbugs said:

Let’s not get revisionist now. How was the 2015 OL patchwork? Part of the reason why they were ranked at least top 5 that year was because of health and returning 4 of 5 starters that went 5-1 to finish 2014. 2016 was a patchwork OL, 2015 was the opposite of patchwork.

If you don't call Oher and Remmers as your starting tackles patchwork...

21 hours ago, Mage said:

I don't see why Tepper wouldn't fire both, if that is the route he goes.

I'm not as anti-Rivera or anti-Hurney as others are (in fact, I think Hurney has done a great job cleaning up Gettleman's bad decisions), but it wouldn't make sense to only get rid of one.  It's been too long since we hired a GM and Coach in unison (Fox was fired, Hurney was kept; Hurney was fired, Rivera was kept; Gettleman was fired, Rivera was kept).  

i think we go for a complete rebuild top to bottom if this season doesn't work out

- Oline can't pass block or trap block a run play worth a darn........

- Cam takes too long to release.......he's going to get himself killed with this Oline doing that

- Our secondary sucks..........

- Special teams messing up again...........

- Ron screwing up time management at the end of the game again when is the guy going to learn.....

There.............you have your final season once again for the Panthers coaching staff and front office........for how many years going on now.

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Completely disagree 

With DG:

40-23-1, 63% winning percentage, 3 division titles, 3 years getting to divisional round or further, SB appearance.

With Hurney:

31-33, 48% winning percentage, no division titles, 1 playoff appearance first round exit.

And those are skewed towards Hurney somewhat heavily. DG was GM for the entire offseason of acquisitions before the 2017 season so that was more his team than Hurney’s, but I put it in Hurney anyways... Pretty significant difference.

The stats don’t tell the whole picture obviously but they tell a lot. I’ve actually liked what Hurney has done here in his second go around and this team and roster have a ton of promise now because of some good work from him. But the results need to start showing up in the win/loss column.

9 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Also I’m not sure cam will demand such a high contract anyway, sure cam the runner/qb deserved to be the highest paid, but cam the passer may settle getting paid top 6-8 qb money 

Well he was a passer last year before injury and was on pace to have better numbers than his mvp year. 

18 minutes ago, t96 said:

With DG:

40-23-1, 63% winning percentage, 3 division titles, 3 years getting to divisional round or further, SB appearance.

With Hurney:

31-33, 48% winning percentage, no division titles, 1 playoff appearance first round exit.

And those are skewed towards Hurney somewhat heavily. DG was GM for the entire offseason of acquisitions before the 2017 season so that was more his team than Hurney’s, but I put it in Hurney anyways... Pretty significant difference.

You could also say the same about Gettleman’s 2013 team being mostly Hurney players.

21 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I don't think he'll be fired but I could see him being moved for draft capital. If we crap the bed, I'm pretty sure it will have something to do with Cam either getting hurt or playing poorly. I can see us at that point cleaning house, bringing in a new GM, assessing everything, and using Cam as a bargaining chip in a trade to try and net us as many draft picks as we could steal. This would go a long way into moving up in the draft to target a new rookie QB and building around said rookie with FA's while not having to worry about paying him franchise QB money. 

This is all worst case scenario and I don't want it to happen in the slightest. I want us to go out and dominate week in and week out. But I think that if we do end up missing the playoffs, then Marty/Ron won't be the only guys on the outs. 

If Cam gets beat up again this year, and I'm afraid that's really WHEN Cam gets beaten up again, he may pull a Luck and retire.

Not hoping that he'll get beaten up, just expecting it to happen. I think the Oline won't be able to protect him, which, as a football fan, makes me sad. Love watching him play when it's not against the Falcons.

Man has made 100 mil so far, add another 16 mil this year, plus all his outside interests, he may decide that he doesn't have to get the crap beaten out of him every year. 

Man could make 5 mil a year talking about football and not have 300 pounders trying to kill him every week.

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Point made.

Mike Tomlin has been the coach of Pittsburgh for 16 seasons with 8 playoff appearances with 2 Super Bowl visits and one title. Rivera has 4 playoff appearances in 8 years with 1 Super Bowl visit.

While I am not saying Rivera is better than Tomlin or even equal.  I am saying the Steelers were patient through good times and bad. 

Rivera has his faults as do all coaches. I personally believe he has the makeup to win it all.

Some agree most don't. 

Be careful of what we ask for. 

As a true fan if Tepper does pull the plug I won't be the guy that rants. I TOLD YOU SO. I'll support him and hope he made the right decision. 

Worth remembering that Tepper was reportedly one of the group of Steelers minority owners that was trying to get Tomlin fired.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, Carl Spackler said:

It's all about winning the close games. That's what made us good in 2017 and what made us suck last year. The last five minutes of games will determine our success.

The problem is that with Ron at the helm, it comes down to it too often in games that the Panthers should easily be winning. Over the course of time teams will be 50-50 on one score games, the Panthers just happen to swing one direction to the next from year to year...if we had better coaching I believe we would avoid more of those games altogether by winning more convincingly.

10 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Point made.

Mike Tomlin has been the coach of Pittsburgh for 16 seasons with 8 playoff appearances with 2 Super Bowl visits and one title. Rivera has 4 playoff appearances in 8 years with 1 Super Bowl visit.

While I am not saying Rivera is better than Tomlin or even equal.  I am saying the Steelers were patient through good times and bad. 

Rivera has his faults as do all coaches. I personally believe he has the makeup to win it all.

Some agree most don't. 

Be careful of what we ask for. 

As a true fan if Tepper does pull the plug I won't be the guy that rants. I TOLD YOU SO. I'll support him and hope he made the right decision. 

Tomlin hasn't had a losing season. Rivera has 3 winning seasons out of 8.

1 hour ago, TN05 said:

You could also say the same about Gettleman’s 2013 team being mostly Hurney players.

Kind of but it’s not the same. In 2017, DG had the entire offseason of moves—draft, and free agency. In 2013, Hurney did not. Yes there were players left over but the 2013 roster was DG’s final product, just as the 2017 roster was also his for the most part (a few small exceptions being less notable guys like Seymour that Hurney traded for, etc.).

Archived