• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welcome to Ron and Marty's final chance

Jeremy Igo

I can’t see a reason to fire hurney, small mistakes made but nothin critical or directly attributes to the failure of the team, now Rivera it’s different, posters have already highlighted Rivera’s issues, so barring cam’s health, I think a losing season, especially if the defense is lackluster, I say we retool instead of rebuild, rebuild means everyone not name dj Moore,cmc, d Jax will probably be shipped out. So I say we retool if things go off the rails instead of blowing it up.

1 hour ago, TN05 said:

4/8 playoff seasons. 3 division titles in the league’s toughest division.

How many playoff games has Garrett won? How many Super Bowls has Garrett coached? How many coach of the year awards does Garrett have?

He fell ass backwards into the playoffs at 7-8-1. I'm not sure I'd count that as a success.

Jason Garrett has won 2 playoff games to Ron's 3. Not a big difference. Coach of the year is largely meaningless.

Ron gets to the playoffs less frequently than:

Sean Payton

Mike Tomlin

Pete Carroll 

John Harbaugh

Bill Belechick

Bill o'Brien 

Sean Mcvay 

Those are just active coaches. There are several that get there as frequently and if you decide to not include the year he lucked into it you'd have a lot more.

His coach of the year awards from 6 and 4 years ago don't do anything for me. His Super Bowl appearance four years ago isn't giving me warm feelings anymore. Im not saying he's the worst coach of all time but i think his style is antiquated and he clearly gets outcoached when he's up against superior coaches. His time here has run its course and we can do better.

2014 was a very odd season. But somebody had to mop the floor with the rest of the division in December. Ron and Cam did it, with an assist from Derek Anderson and their pass rush. 

Week 17 at Atlanta. Still one of my fav Panthers road wins of all time. 

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I can’t see a reason to fire hurney, small mistakes made but nothin critical or directly attributes to the failure of the team, now Rivera it’s different, posters have already highlighted Rivera’s issues, so barring cam’s health, I think a losing season, especially if the defense is lackluster, I say we retool instead of rebuild, rebuild means everyone not name dj Moore,cmc, d Jax will probably be shipped out. So I say we retool if things go off the rails instead of blowing it up.

GM and HC are both responsible for getting a team to the playoffs and ultimately winning it all. The GM builds the roster and the HC works with that to win on game day with gameplans, how to utilize players, etc. Obviously there is a ton that goes into that but if we miss the playoffs this year that is two straight years that Hurney’s roster has contributed to not making the playoffs.

There are certainly a lot of factors that go into it and varying degrees of responsibility by the coach and GM which need to be evaluated but if you miss the playoffs two straight years it’s definitely not all on the coach, especially one who had a fair amount of success with a different GM...

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

it all started around the pie chart presser.  The one when JR basically spanked Darrin Gant in front of everyone and hit on Morgan Fogherty.  It showed me a crazy man.  A few days later, Andrew Luck decided to return to Stanford. We had the first pick. 

image.png.4e50ef2faf53d5510135de0def23dc2f.png

Well it’s a good thing that happened!

We were really LUCKy and dodged that bullet... ha

Archived