• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welcome to Ron and Marty's final chance

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

I just think Hurney has done an infinitely better job this go around. We have talent, well used salary cap, finding production replacements etc.

Hurney received high marks as a GM his last go round (in the early years)  

It will always be a mystery when things went south in terms of how much of that was Hurney or Richardson IMO

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Hurney received high marks as a GM his last go round (in the early years)  

It will always be a mystery when things went south in terms of how much of that was Hurney or Richardson IMO

it all started around the pie chart presser.  The one when JR basically spanked Darrin Gant in front of everyone and hit on Morgan Fogherty.  It showed me a crazy man.  A few days later, Andrew Luck decided to return to Stanford. We had the first pick. 

image.png.4e50ef2faf53d5510135de0def23dc2f.png

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Will you be excited during the 2-3 year rebuilding process?

We have kinda already begun that far as the roster is concerned. We added some good young talent the last 3 drafts. Coaching changes can potentially produce immediate results. Its happened plenty of times. 

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

I'm praying for the best but expecting the worst. Because if the Panthers miss the playoffs this season, it more than likely means Cam's career is close to if not completely done, at least with the Panthers. And of course that means Ron and Hurney are gone too.

Either Cam is healthy and takes this team to the playoffs or it's probably time to move on, from everybody. Meandering through future seasons hoping that Cam is healthy is going to lose a lot of games and fans.

That said, I hope Cam plays all 16 games, the team makes the playoffs, and all this doom and gloom talk is shelved until next season. But given Cam couldn't make it 8 plays without getting injured against the Patriots, I'm admittedly pretty nervous.

This is really the uncomfortable truth and the Sword of Damocles hanging over the team's head since Marty picked Cam first over all. As a whole, the pick has been phenomenal -- Cam has been one of the most electrifying players to ever make it to the NFL. He's taken us to the playoffs and one game shy of the Lombardi Trophy. And I say Cam because, well, without him, this doesn't work at all. 

And there's the rub. We are all waiting for that certain point in the first quarter of Sunday's game where we'll know what we've got. Either Cam is the fearless Superman or he'll be the guy playing not to get hurt and getting creamed behind the O-line.

And that's really how it is. What makes Cam Cam is Cam. If he believes in himself as the guy who can carry the game, can dictate how the game goes, he's darned near unstoppable. When he doubts or thinks too much, he gets swarmed like he did against New England in the preseason. There'll be shouts of "The O-Line is weak" but I'll tell you we went 15-1 with an even more patchwork line in that magical season. He went 6-2 last season with a terrible line before the injury, before Cam was just mortal.

And that's the killer, right there. Mortality. If he plays like he's vulnerable, if the game isn't smaller than him, then he gets behind the eight-ball. He quits being the threat, and the holes in the rest of the team (and all teams have these vulnerabilities) become more visible.

We'll see what we have before the end of the first quarter, for sure. These are the Rams and they were the NFC champs last season for a good reason. They have a young, aggressive coach and fast movers on defense and offense, and probably the best D-lineman in the game right now. 

We don't have to see a win, but we need to see Cam out there running it, winging it and winning the plays and downs that need to be won. We need him to play like this game matters more than any of the ones in the past and that he is invincible as ever. If not, then this chapter of the franchise is over. 

I'm betting he comes back and shows he's ready for an even better second act on his career and earns the Comeback Player of the Year. 

2 hours ago, PanthersFanNY said:

3/8 winning seasons

Winning % is 55.4, not good, not bad, medicore. Worse than Jason Garret. 5% better than Fox who for his last three years trotted out an old and injured Delhomme, the Ghost of Vinny Testaverde, and Jimmy Clausen.

His defense average rank for points allowed over 8 years is 13.5. His offense is 12.75. Slightly better than average.

Plays cautiously with small leads all the time.

Cannot fix the issue with getting play calls in on time.

Has negative point differential the last three years.

Statistically worse in just about every way than Mike McCarthy who had Packers fans elated when he was fired.

Offense is a cluster fug ever year except one if you take away the big plays from cam and now McCaffrey. The defense looks good till they play a good qb and get carved up. 

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

This is really the uncomfortable truth and the Sword of Damocles hanging over the team's head since Marty picked Cam first over all. As a whole, the pick has been phenomenal -- Cam has been one of the most electrifying players to ever make it to the NFL. He's taken us to the playoffs and one game shy of the Lombardi Trophy. And I say Cam because, well, without him, this doesn't work at all. 

And there's the rub. We are all waiting for that certain point in the first quarter of Sunday's game where we'll know what we've got. Either Cam is the fearless Superman or he'll be the guy playing not to get hurt and getting creamed behind the O-line.

And that's really how it is. What makes Cam Cam is Cam. If he believes in himself as the guy who can carry the game, can dictate how the game goes, he's darned near unstoppable. When he doubts or thinks too much, he gets swarmed like he did against New England in the preseason. There'll be shouts of "The O-Line is weak" but I'll tell you we went 15-1 with an even more patchwork line in that magical season. He went 6-2 last season with a terrible line before the injury, before Cam was just mortal.

And that's the killer, right there. Mortality. If he plays like he's vulnerable, if the game isn't smaller than him, then he gets behind the eight-ball. He quits being the threat, and the holes in the rest of the team (and all teams have these vulnerabilities) become more visible.

We'll see what we have before the end of the first quarter, for sure. These are the Rams and they were the NFC champs last season for a good reason. They have a young, aggressive coach and fast movers on defense and offense, and probably the best D-lineman in the game right now. 

We don't have to see a win, but we need to see Cam out there running it, winging it and winning the plays and downs that need to be won. We need him to play like this game matters more than any of the ones in the past and that he is invincible as ever. If not, then this chapter of the franchise is over. 

I'm betting he comes back and shows he's ready for an even better second act on his career and earns the Comeback Player of the Year. 

Man I sure fuging hope so. I'm praying for that. But the realist in me says we've already seen the best of Cam Newton and this season might be a complete nightmare. You're right that we will know by the end of the 1st quarter of the Rams game if Cam is healthy. But that said, Cam looked pretty damn healthy for the first 11 games of last season. We talk about his shoulder but he was 25 of 30 for 256 yards and 2 TDs and an INT against the Seahawks as far as Week 12 last year. It wasn't until the Bucs game in Week 13 where Cam started to show some weakness, throwing 4 INTs. 

What I'm trying to say is, he might come out and have a great game against the Rams. But the hits will still pile up and he will get hit in that throwing shoulder, I guarantee it. Teams will be gunning for it all season. How long will he last?

4 hours ago, PanthersFanNY said:

3/8 winning seasons

4/8 playoff seasons. 3 division titles in the league’s toughest division.

4 hours ago, PanthersFanNY said:

Winning % is 55.4, not good, not bad, medicore. Worse than Jason Garret.

How many playoff games has Garrett won? How many Super Bowls has Garrett coached? How many coach of the year awards does Garrett have?

Archived