• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welcome to Ron and Marty's final chance

Jeremy Igo

In the same vein, though, if the team has a winning regular season, does well in the division and makes a deep run into the playoffs, will the fan base give Hurney and Rivera some credit?

It's only fair.

And as someone pointed out, if this season collapses, this team will undergo a huge rebuild from bottom to top -- you won't just see Rivera, Hurney and Cam headed for the exits, but all the assistant coaches, trainers, scouts and even day to day office folks. Heck, you might even see a half-hearted push for stadium upgrades with a followup offer from south of Charlotte to build a facility that's more up to date. 

If that happens, you'll see folks like Luke and Christian doomed to play for a rebuilding franchise, young stars like DJ and Samuel left to wither on the vine as we fumble and stumble through a few years of trying to rebuild a club. 

Yeah, I'm really not looking forward to that.

I'm pulling for Marty, Ron and Cam.

I think they only lose their jobs if the Panthers have a losing record this year or fail to make the playoffs. The only way that happens is if Cam gets injured, IMO. 

However, if Cam does get injured, and Marty and/or Ron gets canned, it could be the beginning of a rebuilding period in Carolina. New GM's and head coaches usually want their own players and that also means new QB's. An injured Cam with a new head coach and GM would likely not get a new contract either, at least not a long term one. 

Hopefully Cam stays healthy, we win the superbowl, and Cam gets a long term mega deal $$$

It has been well documented on here for some time that Ron and Marty's time here has not been great together, statistically. I am concerned about that but I will still enjoy the football and if they get fired then maybe we can have a real shot at back to back winning seasons. Even if Ron and Marty have a winning record this year, next year will likely be another sad series of excuses leading to the usual outcome.  And yes, Ron was coach of the year twice and then followed that up with a losing year both times. Is this the worst? No. Is it good enough? Also no. That is their legacy, almost but not good enough. 

50 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Van roten is not a damn starter and is gonna get his ass handed to him just like last year.  Play your best talent period to protect cam. 

I feel like he’s our Achilles heel this season and it’s going to cost us until we find a more serviceable LG I see an attack on the left side being the game plan versus us. This is looking like a stubborn Ron move or maybe we just couldn’t upgrade everything we did the best we can but based off his grading last year and the eye test he looks weak but the whole line took turns getting beat so if they can step up in the regular season maybe he can as well.

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I agree, but it also depends on what GM is out there who's legitimately an upgrade over Hurney 2.0 (and I mean upgrade in the sense beyond "He's not Hurney so he has to be better")

Tepper can buy any GM he wants. If there’s someone out there (available or not) that he wants he’s going to get him.

Archived