• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not enough Scarlett buzz out there...

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Chill, I'm getting my hopes up for everyone, this will end well

Sorry, I’ve picked my target.

As I’ve observed in this forums “fandom”, I intend to 100% poo on my intended target while at the same time ignoring anything admirable or productive he may do for the team.

This is the way this forum’s “fans” do it.

Ergo that is how *I* will also do it.

Unjustly criticized target? JORDAN SCARLETT

Just following the goddam rules.

Did gon’ be gud.

22 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Sorry, I’ve picked my target.

As I’ve observed in this forums “fandom”, I intend to 100% poo on my intended target while at the same time ignoring anything admirable or productive he may do for the team.

This is the way this forum’s “fans” do it.

Ergo that is how *I* will also do it.

Unjustly criticized target? JORDAN SCARLETT

Just following the goddam rules.

Did gon’ be gud.

You know what......

I get it

22 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Seriously though theres a ton to like about Scarlett but if he does suck he's only a fifth rounder and RBs are easy to replace, esp the backup kind

I'd never heard of Bonnafon (how do you even spell his name? Haha) before this preseason and he won me over from the get-go

Bonnafon gives me the NFL-boner that mediocre-SEC running back Scarlett does not.

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I felt like he had one of the more impressive offensive rookie performances in recent memory. Seems like such a balanced back, shifty and has a surprising amount of power. 

Would love to see both he and CMC on the field together some.

CMC is a concern for any team. If we have Scarlett on the field at the same time. The opportunity for a big play is going to be there. 

For instance if CMC swings out the defense has to react. This should open a decent running lane for Scarlett. 

Intriguing. 

Like many of you, I have been making a case for all three of the backup backs for weeks. They all have great upside. 

That said, if all goes according to Norv’s plan, none of them will be touching the ball a whole lot anytime soon. Maybe one of them will get 4-6 carries a game.

I think Norv is going to lean on McCaffrey just as much as he did last year—much like he did with Emmitt Smith in Dallas. I think they would’ve brought a veteran back in had they planned otherwise. 

I still think Armah is going to get a fair share of carries. I think this intensifies this year.

The package is called 21 pony. 21 personnel. Two HB’s. They ran it a good bit last year early in the season before they cut Anderson. They also practiced it a bit in camp this year. 

I think they’d want to see these young guys develop a little bit in practice before they roll that out. But it’s a wrinkle they could use as early as this week. Norv can be wonderfully unpredictable, re: this type of stuff.

Of course he will not cut into McCaffery  work load as the wr are not that good yet and have no good chemistry with Cam yet. Once they do you will see it shift a little bit. Also Cam arm/oline is dependent on it to. Remember they were forced to throw to him in volume because cam couldn't throw more than 15 yards accurately and oline was terrible.

Cam love to stretch the field with intermediate to deep balls. So you know something was off these past few years.

I believe Samuel can be a deep threat from time to time. So Cam should hit him for at least one during the first the game if his arm is truly better.

Archived