• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not enough Scarlett buzz out there...

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I felt like he had one of the more impressive offensive rookie performances in recent memory. Seems like such a balanced back, shifty and has a surprising amount of power. 

Would love to see both he and CMC on the field together some.

Yeah I am the captain of the Scarlett fan club. You need to review my posts and tweets. SCARLETT SZN IS HERE

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I felt like he had one of the more impressive offensive rookie performances in recent memory. Seems like such a balanced back, shifty and has a surprising amount of power. 

Would love to see both he and CMC on the field together some.

I agree and we need some two back sets, especially considering the threat CMC poses. It could present a ton of opportunities and mismatches, plus shore up the O-line.

4 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I really like Scarlett and believe he can be a great compliment to CMC, but with Ron preferring vets and CMC still getting the ball so much, I doubt he plays a lot this season 

He's uh

One of three Halfbacks on our team. 

Unless you think Bonnafon is gonna exclusively get all the relief carries idk how you think he won't at least get a shot.

22 minutes ago, Rags said:

He's uh

One of three Halfbacks on our team. 

Unless you think Bonnafon is gonna exclusively get all the relief carries idk how you think he won't at least get a shot.

I just doubt he gets a lot of carries this year, similar to the reason we let CJ Anderson go last season. He will get some carries, but CMC will still be a workhorse who rarely leaves the field.

He's a rookie, you can't hype him up too much but you can't deny his burst either. One thing I can tell about him is he has a knack for not going down at first contact. That's something the Panthers can absolutely make use of if you've watched our offense struggle at times the last few years.

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I just doubt he gets a lot of carries this year, similar to the reason we let CJ Anderson go last season. He will get some carries, but CMC will still be a workhorse who rarely leaves the field.

also let's not forget that after the drop into int in the Atlanta game he was in the Doghouse.

I strongly believe that's the reason more than anything else. C.J. cost us that game and we never trusted his hands after that. And in our system our HBs are going to need to catch a lot.

Scarlett has shown he can catch and make plays after the catch. I think that will get him touches.

7 minutes ago, Rags said:

also let's not forget that after the drop into int in the Atlanta game he was in the Doghouse.

I strongly believe that's the reason more than anything else. C.J. cost us that game and we never trusted his hands after that. And in our system our HBs are going to need to catch a lot.

Scarlett has shown he can catch and make plays after the catch. I think that will get him touches.

I don't think cam particularly trusted him and maybe just didn't like him. Heard several people talk about him just being an odd guy. Never really fit in anywhere. I don't think cam really much even looked his way when CJ was on the field, esp. after that drop. That was big.

That's why I didn't think it was a big deal when we cut him. Didn't use him. Also the offense was way too limited when he was on. They wanted hybrid players that didn't limit what they were going to do on the field and took guesswork from the other D.

Truth is, CJ should never have been brought in, but he was just in case what they wanted to do schematically didn't work and they needed to go a more traditional route. What they wanted to do was working and it made CJ unnecessary.

Archived