• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Rams... What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

And then there's this about the Rams defense. https://sportsnaut.com/2019/08/10-worst-defenses-heading-into-the-2019-nfl-season/

How could a unit that boasts two-time reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year Aaron Donald rank in the bottom 10? Well, just ask the Rams’ defense from a season ago. Despite near-record breaking numbers on offense, the other side of the ball struggled big time under coordinator Wade Phillips. Los Angeles gave up 24 points and nearly 360 total yards per game. It decided to add a washed Clay Matthews to help from a pass-rush perspective while letting the likes of Ndamukong Suh, Lamarcus Joyner and Mark Barron walk in free agency. There’s no reason to believe this defense got better.

11 hours ago, Mage said:

Damn I need this game to start.  I can't remember the last time the Panthers had a Week 1 game bigger than this.

EDIT - Well, Panthers/Broncos... but I try to erase that from my memory.  Plus we were on the road.  I'd say this is the biggest home opener in Panthers history off the top of my head

If Gano made that FG that I knew he was going to miss, I believe our entire season end up being a complete 180. I just feel that Cam that game isn't the same Cam you see now. He's not going to take abuse and get up. The offense scares me as they've started slow the 1st game for idk how many seasons now. The oline scares me and Cam throwing for less than 200 yards on opening day which he has done for the last 5 seasons isn't going to cut it. 

Aaron Donald is a one man wrecking crew. He is literally the only player on that Rams defense I’m genuinely concerned about that could wreck the game. Defenses tend to fare better than offenses at the beginning of the season overall, I hope our plan is to get the ball out of Cam’s hand quick to our playmakers until we can see how well (or not) this offensive line plays. CMAC needs to run the ball well and take pressure off of Cam until he can get back into the groove of the game. Remember he’s only had very limited time in preseason and he’ll be dealing with some foot soreness.

i wouldn’t mind Cam being a bit of a game manager to start the season. I think our defense is going to play really well.

Hey all - Rams fan here, just signed up for your site. I enjoy discussing upcoming games with rival fans.

I'll cut right to it: I chalked this game up as an L the moment the schedule was released. Officially, I'm picking the Rams to win, because I'm a Rams fan. But if I had to bet money on this game, I'd be betting on Carolina. The main reason is your front 7 - we have two offensive linemen starting their first meaningful games of their career, and going up against a deep and talented interior DL. Kuechly is the best in the league, Carolina is at home and it's a 10am PT start for the Rams.

Defensively, last year we were awful against the run - I am cautiously optimistic that will be fixed this season, but this is a tough start. CMC is also unstoppable out of the backfield as a receiver.

Also, we rested all our starters last year in preseason and only won in week one because we were playing the Raiders - we were actually losing at half time of that game. The whole offense was off.

Once the season starts rolling, I expect the Rams offense to get back to where it was last year before Kupp went down - but this is such a tough start to the year.

My heart says everything clicks for the Rams and Cam comes out rusty - Rams win 27-17

But my head says that both teams look poor offensively, with Carolina doing more in the run game to eek out a 19-16 win

TBH, I won't be too stressed either way about this game. It's a tough away game, early start time, and the first game of the season - I would lose this game in exchange for beating the Saints by 50 next week 10 out of 10 times.

8 minutes ago, Ramfan128 said:

Hey all - Rams fan here, just signed up for your site. I enjoy discussing upcoming games with rival fans.

I'll cut right to it: I chalked this game up as an L the moment the schedule was released. Officially, I'm picking the Rams to win, because I'm a Rams fan. But if I had to bet money on this game, I'd be betting on Carolina. The main reason is your front 7 - we have two offensive linemen starting their first meaningful games of their career, and going up against a deep and talented interior DL. Kuechly is the best in the league, Carolina is at home and it's a 10am PT start for the Rams.

Defensively, last year we were awful against the run - I am cautiously optimistic that will be fixed this season, but this is a tough start. CMC is also unstoppable out of the backfield as a receiver.

Also, we rested all our starters last year in preseason and only won in week one because we were playing the Raiders - we were actually losing at half time of that game. The whole offense was off.

Once the season starts rolling, I expect the Rams offense to get back to where it was last year before Kupp went down - but this is such a tough start to the year.

My heart says everything clicks for the Rams and Cam comes out rusty - Rams win 27-17

But my head says that both teams look poor offensively, with Carolina doing more in the run game to eek out a 19-16 win

TBH, I won't be too stressed either way about this game. It's a tough away game, early start time, and the first game of the season - I would lose this game in exchange for beating the Saints by 50 next week 10 out of 10 times.

Like the way you think. Not only do we win against Rams, but then you guys whoop the Saints.  Sure youre not a Panthers fan?

10 minutes ago, Ramfan128 said:

brother, win or lose in week one, you don't know how hard we'll be pulling for you in week two.

12 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Like the way you think. Not only do we win against Rams, but then you guys whoop the Saints.  Sure youre not a Panthers fan?

Don't get me wrong, I want this game too - we've never beaten Cam (0-2) and have only beaten the Panthers once since 2001 - but I have to be realistic about it. Lots of factors working against the Rams in this game. Home underdogs are always dangerous - especially when its a good team.

1 hour ago, beastson said:

The Rams didn't change anything for the SB according to some Pats players so I wouldn't put too much on the SB performance. I'm sure McVay has some new stuff. I think you'll get the same from Wade.

I would expect Wade to come at Cam in the same manner he has before 

Archived