• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Rams... What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

Damn I need this game to start.  I can't remember the last time the Panthers had a Week 1 game bigger than this.

EDIT - Well, Panthers/Broncos... but I try to erase that from my memory.  Plus we were on the road.  I'd say this is the biggest home opener in Panthers history off the top of my head

15 hours ago, mbarbour21 said:

I think it will be important to get rolling early. I think I heard they played the Raiders last year and they ran thru them but started very slow. So we need to score early incase they start clicking late.  

They played the Raiders in the 2nd preseason game which doesn't count for anything. And they didn't run thru them, they won 24-21.

They did trounce the Colts, Cardinals, Texans & Seahawks (once) though.

On 9/1/2019 at 5:45 PM, Cavscout said:

Rams are over-rated IMO. CMC is gonna have a field day! This one is easier than you think.

Panthers 35-10

I'm with you on this one 19D... Typically in week 1, the defenses are ahead of the offenses. Usually takes the offenses a week or two to gel and get on same page, TYPICALLY. Of course I'm just going by law of averages, if it proves to be true I think we will see the Panthers D-line just be too much of a force for the Rams. I feel that if our defense can stay healthy, that our D-line will be a real force this year, could be the biggest X-factor for the Panthers. I don't think it will be quite that much of a blowout, just because I feel it will take the Panthers offense a little while to get going, but I could see it being maybe 23 or 24-10... Something like that. I like our chances in this game playing at home.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:32 PM, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, going against us isn't really equivalent to going against Belichick.

Truth be told though, Wade Phillips concerns me way more than Sean McVay does, especially with question marks on our offensive line.

A little Super Bowl hangover on their part certainly wouldn't hurt us.

I think the one element everyone is overlooking is Jared Goff. Is he a CLUTCH QB, or just the product of a clever system that no one had figured out until the Patriots did in the Superbowl? Honestly, with it being the 1st game of the season, and all the inconsistency that typically happens in week one games, I think that the whole key to this game is the Panthers defensive line coming out with fire in their eyes and just being non-stop disruptive to Goff's timing. With it being the opening week I can totally see the Panthers defense being more disruptive than what the Rams are ready for at this point. I truly believe the Panthers have a good shot here. Of course, the Rams offense could wake up and gel by the  3rd or 4th quarter, who knows, so the Panthers offense has to be able to cash in; I guess it is a double edged sword. Either way, I do not feel like coaching will be the true factor here. I really think the x-factor to THIS game will be the Panthers defensive line and the amount of pressure they can put on Goff. (of course, we cannot allow Todd Gurley to run the ball down our throats as well.)

Our D ranked OL might be the death of us and Cam. I don’t think our defense will get completely roasted. If we want to keep it from getting ugly the offense needs a lot of quick dink and dunk plays to soften the pass rush; get the ball out so quick Donald can’t even get going.

From Yahoo! Sports. https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-2019-rams-turn-atop-roller-coaster-nfc-202720580--nfl.html?src=rss

The Rams didn't rest on their laurels, making two key additions to their defense by signing veteran safety Eric Weddle and pass rusher Clay Matthews. Weddle is one of the smartest players in the league and quickly emerged as a leader on the defense despite being in his first season with the team. Getting better on defense could help the Rams, especially if Gurley is still dealing with knee issues that limited his playing time late in the regular season and in the playoffs, and the offensive line takes a step back following the offseason departures of guard Rodger Saffold and center John Sullivan.

I didn't know about the oline changes. Looking much better for our defense. Not worried about Weddle or {You been watching  film too, huh? That's cool. Watch this.} Matthews. It doesn't mention that they lost Suh. The article optimistically calls it an "upgraded defense" lol. All this makes me feel even better about winning the game. 

27 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

From Yahoo! Sports. https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-2019-rams-turn-atop-roller-coaster-nfc-202720580--nfl.html?src=rss

I didn't know about the oline changes. Looking much better for our defense. Not worried about Weddle or {You been watching  film too, huh? That's cool. Watch this.} Matthews. It doesn't mention that they lost Suh. The article optimistically calls it an "upgraded defense" lol. All this makes me feel even better about winning the game. 

I think we can take advantage of their overly-aggressive secondary, especially with the guys who aren't as athletic as our receivers.  Peters took a step-back last season and he's always been someone who can force turnovers but make mistakes trying to do so.  Talib has battled through a hamstring problem for a lot of camp and is 33 years old.  Weddle isn't that good in coverage anymore and hasn't been for awhile, and he's 34.

It won't be easy, but we've got guys who can get separation from them.  

Archived