• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Rams... What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

And wtf fug is up with Little.  Hurneys ass is tied to that kid.  And he is still on the protocol.  If he’s in tomorrow still he won’t be available as a backaip this weekend. 

While I was lambasted this offseason, I still think the best call was for Moton at LT Williams at LG and Cody Ford at RT.  

Whoa...Whoa... Little is still in the concussion protocol???? How long has this been?

On 9/3/2019 at 7:46 AM, TheRumGone said:

Aaron Donald is a one man wrecking crew. He is literally the only player on that Rams defense I’m genuinely concerned about that could wreck the game. Defenses tend to fare better than offenses at the beginning of the season overall, I hope our plan is to get the ball out of Cam’s hand quick to our playmakers until we can see how well (or not) this offensive line plays. CMAC needs to run the ball well and take pressure off of Cam until he can get back into the groove of the game. Remember he’s only had very limited time in preseason and he’ll be dealing with some foot soreness.

i wouldn’t mind Cam being a bit of a game manager to start the season. I think our defense is going to play really well.

You know, the flip side to that is, the Rams would never suspect that Cam would come out "guns blazing". Would be very interesting to see Norv and Ron come out and just open up the play book from the opening snap, the element of surprise so to speak. EVERYONE in the world is expecting us to come out conservative early to get Cam in rhythm. Screw it!... I say bombs away!!... lol 

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

Burns was pretty good against the run in pre season. Surprisingly good.

Yeah, he actually was and it was surprising... Test will be can he do it for 4 quarters against the starters? He seems like he has the motor, but does he have the physical ability at his rookie weight? 4th quarter comes, defenses get worn down by a good run game... Either way, I'm excited to find out!!

This isn't the first time Norv has faced a Wade Phillips run defense. The last instance that I can find is in 2015, Norv's Vikings offense put up 20 points on Wade's #1 ranked defense in Denver with Bridgewater and AP with 20 rushes and 41 pass plays. Norv's O put up 325 yards on the eventual Superbowl champions and held the ball for nearly 8 minutes longer than the Broncos. I think that Norv will try to gameplan something similar. The Ram's D isn't nearly as talented as that Bronco's D other than Aaron Donald, IMO and the Panthers are A LOT more talented that that Viking's O.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

They were one of the two teams who played in probably the most entertaining game of the season last year- Kansas City vs. LA Rams. Final score 54-51 Rams win.

tough to tell what was on display that day.  Great offense or horrific defense. 

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

im worried about their play action, especially on stretch plays rolling back against burns

he's going to get fooled a few times. hopefully he's athletic enough to compensate, or learns quick.

like im having vision of a tight end chipping him and just waltzing out into the flat

I still think there's an issue with gurleys knee/leg, no matter what is being reported. If gurley isnt gurley, that play action isnt scary at all. But he should be at his healthiest right now. Pats gave the blue print and Panthers adopted their mixed front. Show the real look after Mcvay is done talking and profit.  

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I still think there's an issue with gurleys knee/leg, no matter what is being reported. If gurley isnt gurley, that play action isnt scary at all. But he should be at his healthiest right now. Pats gave the blue print and Panthers adopted their mixed front. Show the real look after Mcvay is done talking and profit.  

true, but it's entirely possible the rams have fixed this flaw. 

i mean surely a team, after an uncharacteristically poor offensive performance in the superbowl, would change things up and fix what went wrong. surely they would change their audibles for the first game of the next season. surely they would change their gameplan against the team they played in week 1.

who in the world would do the exact same thing week 1 as they did in the superbowl the previous season?

be right back, sorry, I think im having a stroke

Archived