• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ray Ray McCloud

Jeremy Igo

19 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Hopefully we picked up some guys who can be depth in the secondary and special teams if they make the active game day roster. Otherwise we have our starters. If these guys at starting anywhere but special teams, either they are killing it in practice or we are hurting for talent.

Ray Ray is going to be a special teamer first, slot WR second, if I interpret MH's  comments.  I know he thinks the big WR Zylstra can play all 4 special teams--but I like him as a big possession WR.  If he plays STs, he could be part of the red zone package--good size and hands.  Finally, Jamerson can play CB and S, and gunner, I think.  All in all, STs were a big part of this.

29 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Did Ray Ray return kicks and punts last year?

4 PR.  1 KR.

Logged 2 ST fumbles on ST (same game).  Which explains why he returned so few. 

He has two PR TDs at Clemson but you will only find one of those in the stats.    

On 9/1/2019 at 2:37 PM, SJTG4 said:

exact same core as last year basically..

But Samuel is:

- Healthier

- Really improved on his routes

- Has shown amazing hands

- Has had a lot more reps with Cam to establish chemistry and timing on deep routes.

DJ too is now more experienced.

We've added the solid Hogan.

Norv knows the team better than last year. Will have lots of new ways to use their talents.

Greg is healthy.

Addition by subtraction. Funchess is gone. Wish him well in Indy, but he wasn't the guy we needed.

HEALTHY CAM!

All told I think there are a lot of reasons to expect Panthers passing offense to really surprise the league.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:55 PM, CRA said:

Ray Ray IMO is the definition of the great all around athlete.  Pretty sure he went to Clemson to play RB.  But was a WR there.  Returned kicks.  Last season at Clemson they even played him at DB.   Not sure we can expect much from him.  Probably a good body to have during the week though. 

I actually think this will be the best WR group we have had in a decade.  Biggest problem last year was Smith, Funchess being our main guys early on and only working in Moore/Samuel.   Some of that was just understandable very early...but we didn’t use them enough.  2 legit playmakers and I can’t recall a time in our history where we really had 2 on the field at WR. That isn’t a knock up on Moose/89.  As they were great.  Best duo we have had. Just never felt Moose was more possession than playmaker (despite his one crazy season)

I'll second that, 

Our SB run was anchored by Ted Ginn and Philly Brown,  so C'mon, IMO there is more then enough WR  depth 

I'm pretty excited about what this group might be capable of.

13 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Ray Ray at KR and Bonnafon/Hogan at PR ...

Side note: If Donte wasn't so important to the secondary, he would be a very solid choice on KR/PR. But his body is a thin as Byrd's was. I do believe he is faster though.

Rivera still making dumb personnel decisions. Our return game will never improve until he takes it serious.

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

Panthers announced Ray Ray will start at KR this Sunday

Bad decision IMO.  Classic Panthers.   I'd rather DJ Moore or someone like that be back there.  I don't buy into this nonsense that ST is some great risk and we shouldn't  play  people at returner.    End of the day, we got guys like DJ Moore who simply won't get the touches in a game he deserves (as a product of our offensive scheme and other talented guys that also need the ball).   So yeah, let Moore return kicks.    It would simply would be touches for a guy that won't be getting enough. 

but in classic Ron mode he will downgrade at the spot for no real reason. 

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

What do you recommend?

the talented dude that lead all WRs in the NFL in yards after contact.  He should be the returner.   He needs the touches.  Neither DJ Moore nor Samuel with ever both get the touches they deserve in a game.  Having DJ as the return option gives him opportunities.   Which is pretty much the name of the game. 

Archived