• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooooo.., which RB is getting cut?

Jeremy Igo

I agree, something is up.  There is no way we carry 4 RB's *plus* Armah into the season.  Complete waste.  Pretty sure this was just a case of "Wow!  We actually have some promising young RB's, sure would be nice to get SOMETHING in return for one of them."

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

The 4th RB doesn't bother nearly as bad as the 10th LB, specifically the 5th ILB Jordan Kunaszyk.  What's up with that?  So we carry more LBs than OL now?

Well our LBs are also our pass rushers now so the numbers aren’t as black and white as they were in a 4-3

1 hour ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Obada put on some weight this year and is rumored to be around 280lbs.  At 6-5 280 he can play 3-4 DE.  I thought he looked good this spring.  

Can confirm. Was on the field last Thursday and Efe was definitely bigger than last year. For sure gained a good amount of muscle mass.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I disagree. It doesn't matter because Tepper is all in on terrible or underqualified people. He is a magnet for failures.
    • He's not coming back. I'm sure you will despite having dozens of accounts banned... including this one
    • Here’s where I go off the reservation. Don’t read if you can only endure a post that is under 2 paragraphs.    Play calling was really really weird, and it set the tone. They had no idea how to handle stunts. Passing on first down got us behind the sticks. Stunts on second/third down and the rest is history. Thielen is Mr first down and for the second week in a row, it shows how badly missed that is.  Thielen moves the chains. Chuba moves the chains. Not one single screen to Chuba. They completely abandoned the run, when it was working very well. Losing XL was the final piece. Sanders is a complete bum who checked out once he got paid.  I will say it again and again and again, Thielen is criminally under appreciated here, but very respected by defenses. Everyone is obsessed with the home run guys, but a team has to have a first down guy. Usually it’s a big TE with good hands. We don’t have that guy.  Thielen is our first down guy. He’s our check down guy who puts us in 2nd and 2. He’s our 3rd and 12 outlet. Thielen and Chuba keep us ahead of the chains. One is injured and the other was given up on. Besides those 2, we have a WR who reportedly has an attitude problem, a rookie with potential and then it’s a sea of bums and ‘who the hell is thats.’  People are really quick to dump on Andy. Long knives are out. Look, he’s been the only thing to give a glimpse of hope since Wilks. I actually still want to watch this Sunday.  So we dump Andy at the end of the season… Ok, for what then? For whom? Another stupid project? Andy’s not a world beater but he knows how to read a defense and complete a pass. He is not a project. Who would we bring in that could come close to being plug and play, that would actually WANT to be here with T as the owner.  This team isn’t even ready to draft a QB yet. He’d get killed. The receivers would grow stale and unmotivated and we’d go nowhere. Hey look another injury to a key position we have 0 depth in because we traded away more draft capital and/or murdered our cap on an oft injured vet has been.  Wash, rinse, repeat. Same old Panthers. Desperate for a savior.  This build has to be done the right way. Slow and boring. Get a hard hitting identity back again, as was advertised. Get thumpers. Trench warriors. Keep a field general around who can keep an offense alive and get a first down every once in a while. Give people a reason to want to sign contract #2 with us. Unless we can all of a sudden have a legion of boom-esque draft, our version of the 3-4 will continue to be humiliating.  Where’s the Tylenol?!