• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers 2019 Practice Squad Thread

Jeremy Igo

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Defensive end Bryan Cox Jr., who played in 11 regular season games for Carolina last season, was among eight players signed to the Panthers' practice squad. The list: S Quin Blanding; G Rishard Cook; DE Bryan Cox, Jr.; TE Temarrick Hemingway; DT Bijhon Jackson; DB Cole Luke; LB Sione Teuhema; WR DeAndrew White.

35 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

With both Godwin and Holyfield not yet announced to PS, I assume their agents are hoping they get picked up somewhere else.  I hope they come back to us.  

Holyfield has to go through waivers so he can’t until tomorrow.

Doesnt look like we want Godwin back since I think we have always had 10 OL between the 53 and PS and are at 9 right now.

27 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Guys, we selected Godwin late in the 7th round.  A handful of picks later he probably would have went undrafted.  I wouldn't get too broken up about not retaining a 7th rounder.   Holyfield did go undrafted, so there's no real loss with his absence.

It's not about the fact they were undrafted or 7th rounders. They played well. That's why people would be broken up, if at all.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Guys, we selected Godwin late in the 7th round.  A handful of picks later he probably would have went undrafted.  I wouldn't get too broken up about not retaining a 7th rounder.   Holyfield did go undrafted, so there's no real loss with his absence.

He had a couple of good returns in Chicago. So did Ross and Jeanpiere. That may have been more of a bad job by Bears coverage units than Godwin standing out. I did like 17. I thought he could win that job. But the minute they waived him, it became pretty clear they’d have another plan for week one.

As has been said, he may very well end up back here at some point. 

I can speak to what I saw in Spartanburg: Hogan took plenty of reps at PR at camp. Moore even worked with the PR group. Those are the only two dudes I observed on the current roster to field camp punts. 

But hell, we’ll see. 

6 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

It's not about the fact they were undrafted or 7th rounders. They played well. That's why people would be broken up, if at all.

Well that's dumb. A lot of guys played well. It's not hard to flash in moments in preseason. Coaches don't judge players solely based on games that fans watch. They factor in behind the scenes stuff and practice performance. A lot of good football players get cut to get the roster down to 53. He wouldn't have had a jersey on game days or been much of a factor anyways. Just like we will probably never see Scarlett hit the field this year. Barely if at all

Archived