• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Better than Smith and cheaper, with returner ability.  Smith is one of those vets that the coaching staff will keep over better talent.

Smiths money is on the books this year. If you cut him, you have his money AND Ross' money to pay. Thats not cheaper.

1 hour ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Really!. Nice comment coming from someone that most likely hasn't been in this world long enough and the comment you made sounds just like what kid would say trying to make yourself look like an adult.

Got me.

1 minute ago, La Pantera said:

Smiths money is on the books this year. If you cut him, you have his money AND Ross' money to pay. Thats not cheaper.

In terms of the cap savings, no.  In terms of salary, yes.  Ross' salary is peanuts by NFL standards, but that's probably the justification for keeping player in obvious decline...who frankly was never all that great to begin with.

25 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

The more I think about Vernon Butler the more I would like to slap the s h i t out of Dave Gettleman. A wasted 1st round pick. Hell in 3 years I wouldn't have picked Butler in no round.

To be fair,  not many of the low Rd1/high Rd2 picks worked out that year.

Ogbah hasn’t done much and some people  wanted Hunter Henry, but he’s had 1000 yds over 3 seasons. 

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

In terms of the cap savings, no.  In terms of salary, yes.  Ross' salary is peanuts by NFL standards, but that's probably the justification for keeping player in obvious decline...who frankly was never all that great to begin with.

Ross has done next to nothing. You might save a few dollars but you actually have to have someone who could contribute

Just now, Moo Daeng said:

Ross has done next to nothing. You might save a few dollars but you actually have to have someone who could contribute

Look, if you guys are fine paying a guy $3M to sit on the bench that's fine.  At least Ross as the #6 WR could have contributed in the return game. It's not lost on me that Smith is a "teacher's (coaches) pet" and no matter how far down he actually is on the depth chart at WR, he's not going anywhere.  Besides, it was probably a done deal he kept a roster spot when he took a pay cut.  Waiving a guy who took a large pay cut may hurt the team's image after all.

Archived