• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Butler tested really well athletically for how big he is but he lacks fire. Looks like he’s just going through the motions collecting a paycheck. It’s a shame. 

yeah hope he dont blow that money but who are kidding.

11 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

If he was a 5th round pick he wouldn't have the same dead cap hit this season.  

Who do we move on to, that is worth moving on from Butler and still eating his 2019 salary?  Who is so much better?

Panthers would free up a net $1.6M in cap savings by cutting him this year ($2.6M cap hit - $1.0M dead). As far as playing time goes...Short, McCoy, Poe, and Love have things covered. 

6 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

I hate how easy he gets pushed around.. the dude never belonged in the NFL.

I disagree. He looked like a player that absolutely should be doing better than he has and then usually get tossed around.  I don't know what went wrong with him but he should at least be a solid backup with all of his physical talent. He has been a huge disappointment but that doesn't change the fact that if we can't find someone better to backup the NT spot, we are stuck with him another year

Thread Title: 

It really makes it hard to find roster moves when people are droning on about things that have been discussed ad nauseum.  Let me sum it up. We don't like Butler.  Gaulden is not a deep safety and mysteriously disappeared from practice and a game for a non-performance issue--we have threads for that. 

Now poo this post because it offends your lack of focus and continue babbling about old news or clear this thread for relevant news.  Not trying to be mean, but damn, people.  We have other threads for most of these comments. 

6 minutes ago, Trade Down Island said:

Panthers would free up a net $1.6M in cap savings by cutting him this year ($2.6M cap hit - $1.0M dead). As far as playing time goes...Short, McCoy, Poe, and Love have things covered. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/vernon-butler-18978/

Is spotrac wrong or am I just misreading it?  Shows a 2.6 cap hit, 2.7 dead cap.

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Thread Title: 

It really makes it hard to find roster moves when people are droning on about things that have been discussed ad nauseum.  Let me sum it up. We don't like Butler.  Gaulden is not a deep safety and mysteriously disappeared from practice and a game for a non-performance issue--we have threads for that. 

Now poo this post because it offends your lack of focus and continue babbling about old news or clear this thread for relevant news.  Not trying to be mean, but damn, people.  We have other threads for most of these comments. 

Whatever you say Mr. IThinkIAmAMod and tell posters what they can post.

Archived