• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’ve been wondering that too. No reports ever came out. I’m guessing he thought he was going to be the starter, didn’t like that they brought tre back. Pure speculation though.

You dont walk off the field mid practice, miss a week of practice, don't travel with the team to a preseason game...to pout.  And not get immediately cut.

It was probably a personal/family related issue.  Only word I have seen is RR saying it was not performance related.

I'm not upset or surprised by any cut thus far. In my opinion, they were pretty much JAGs that were cut yesterday, and there are still a few on the team today.

And, no, I am not enamored with Allen or Holyfield. I think they're getting far too much attention, & there will likely be some cut today that are better options.

I think that it's obviously too early to make a determination on Grier who obviously has more upside than Allen and/or Heinike. I think that Bonnafon is more versatile & has the perhaps slight but clear edge over Holyfield as a pkaymaker. I could see cutting Holyfield and using Armah in that role if it came down to it. 

Speaking of coming down to it, Andre Smith better be kept, period (even if Norris has to go). I'd also keep Cox over Obada...if it came to that. I'd already said that Wright would be a surprise cut, if it came down to it. I'm keeping 17 if it comes to that!

It's time we moved on from Vern. The fact he was a first round pick in 2016 is irrelevant at this point. We need to stop thinking of him as "former first round pick" Vernon Butler and see him for what he is - a 25-year-old player who in three seasons has played in 38 games (zero starts) with 45 tackles and 2.0 sacks. If he was a fifth round pick instead of a first, I think we would've already moved on. His draft status skews how many of us think of him and his potential. 

1 minute ago, Trade Down Island said:

It's time we moved on from Vern. The fact he was a first round pick in 2016 is irrelevant at this point. We need to stop thinking of him as "former first round pick" Vernon Butler and see him for what he is - a 25-year-old player who in three seasons has played in 38 games (zero starts) with 45 tackles and 2.0 sacks. If he was a fifth round pick instead of a first, I think we would've already moved on. His draft status skews how many of us think of him and his potential. 

How is it skewing anyone’s opinion?  Literally every views him as a disappointment and nothing more than depth.  We can’t get rid of him without an adequate backup replacement.

30 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I think that would be more well known about testing for pot. And I’ve heard they only do it once a year in the off-season.

It doesn’t become public until you get suspended which is the 5th positive test

6 minutes ago, Trade Down Island said:

If he was a 5th round pick he wouldn't have the same dead cap hit this season.  

Who do we move on to, that is worth moving on from Butler and still eating his 2019 salary?  Who is so much better?

Archived