• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You may end up being right.  I hope you are. I am just saying that if I had a dollar for every college and preseason star that failed on Sundays, I could have a lot of fun at a strip club.  

You know who had great college tape?

Jimmy Clausen.

Not saying our runningbacks are bad, but I'm not ready to call them great yet either.

Best guesses:

Seymour to IR on Sunday

waiver CB signed to take spot

Bonnafon KR, PR, ST, WR6 gets a jersey W1

Holyfield lasts to week 2 cut and signed to PS

new OT signed in opened roster spot

Norris resigned by week 8 a la Bersin as an injury replacement 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You know who had great college tape?

Jimmy Clausen.

Not saying our runningbacks are bad, but I'm not ready to call them great yet either.

Trent Richardson was another.  If you read the draft profile, he was a power guy with great vision.  When he played preseason games, he had a high ypc average.  Just never translated to good play on Sunday.

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Trent Richardson was another.  If you read the draft profile, he was a power guy with great vision.  When he played preseason games, he had a high ypc average.  Just never translated to good play on Sunday.

"Any concerns about his durability?"

"None."

- Bill Polian, answering a question about Tshimanga Biakabutuka

16 minutes ago, Td said:

Best guesses:

Seymour to IR on Sunday

waiver CB signed to take spot

Bonnafon KR, PR, ST, WR6 gets a jersey W1

Holyfield lasts to week 2 cut and signed to PS

new OT signed in opened roster spot

Norris resigned by week 8 a la Bersin as an injury replacement 

I could see this 

With how many freaking injuries players in the NFL suffer every year, you'd think they'd expand the rosters to 60 or more by now. Commissioner's office is painfully conservative and not very smart with regards to modernizing the NFL. The Panthers are going to have 60+ players play for them this year anyway.

So I missed all the action today. Went to the Davidson vs Georgetown football game.  Here are my thoughts on the sort of final roster. 

Sorry to see Godwin cut.  Hopefully no one grabs him and he gets to the PS.  Maybe that one muffed punt, although an anomaly IMO, will scare some teams away.

Shocked that Holyfield is still here but I still think the plan is the PS for a year for him.  

Greene was serviceable at T before he got dinged a week ago.  Still think  he is PS bound if the can grab another T.  But that is hard.  Everyone is looking for a depth T. 

Happy for Jordan Kunaszyk.  What an instinctive kid. On an old RR team Norris would have gotten the nod.  

Seymour is one of the quicker guys(4.3) And probably the best to take Donte’s matchup players if he is out.   Still wonder about his hammy though.  

Overall I’m pretty happy besides the Godwin cut.  I think there may be a shift in philosophy in the overall roster.   We are getting younger, faster, cheaper and relying on our new coaches to develop the young guys.  That’s how it should be.  While RR still gets a couple token Vets (Smith) if feel like Tepper is putting his stamp on the org by looking at the value of some players instead of the ole “let’s build a roster of aging  vets”   

Archived