• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Scarlett has looked really good in all three phases. As well as smart decision making, good hands, keeps the legs moving. Scarlett looks like he can play with the big boys. Which I’m guessing we’ll find out against LAC. 

Bonnafon is on the roster for special teams too. 

Holyfield is here cause we don’t want to lose him on waivers. 

McCoy will most likely go to 1 of the 5 teams looking at him as a starter and would almost assuredly end up in an Anderson with CMC. 

McCoy was an example, but probably won't take a backup role anyway.  I just want a veteran RB with a decent track record.  We were fine with Allen and Heinicke as Cam's backups last year too, until we weren't (i.e. having to start).

47 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

If we weren’t stacked at RB I’d say give him a shot. 

We are not stacked at running back.  Last year, we were better at running back when we had CMC and CJ.  Now we have CMC and a couple of unknowns that appear to have potential but still haven't shown anything in games that actually mean something.   

20 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We are not stacked at running back.  Last year, we were better at running back when we had CMC and CJ.  Now we have CMC and a couple of unknowns that appear to have potential but still haven't shown anything in games that actually mean something.   

If we're looking at guys who used to play for the Eagles, I might be more interested in Wendell Smallwood than the current incarnation of LeSean McCoy.

35 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Holyfield and Scarlett are hard runners.  Anderson wasn't going to go in and get us the tough yards.  Now, there's 2 guys that can.

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Until they prove it in real games, its just potential.  

Look at the college tape, look at the preseason.  Both of these guys proved that they have the strength and power to run over guys.  It's the reason we let CAP go.

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Can he return punts?  

Or play left tackle?  lol

Looked it up. He's got just under 400 yards of kick returns, including an 86 yard return for a touchdown in his rookie season.

The Eagles actually are stacked at running back. That's why he was let go.

Just now, Knockout said:

Look at the college tape, look at the preseason.  Both of these guys proved that they have the strength and power to run over guys.  It's the reason we let CAP go.

You may end up being right.  I hope you are. I am just saying that if I had a dollar for every college and preseason star that failed on Sundays, I could have a lot of fun at a strip club.  

Archived