• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Josh has said Norris is probably gone the whole time. Seems like this would make that more probable. We’ll see...

Norris had one tackle last year, same # as Chandler Catanzaro, DJ Moore, and Damien’s Byrd. He won’t be missed other than the first guy on ST who arrives to pat tackler on the back.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I don't get the amount of disdain for Seymour.  I really liked what I saw of him in that first year.  He's very twitchy and physical for his size.  When I noticed him regressing, we also weren't getting pressure and our safety play was pretty bad...  I think he's gonna show out if given the opportunity.

His regression coincided with his being named a starter though.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

...or poor talent evaluation.

Not looking to start a debate, but a lot of people here believe that Ron Rivera is a poor talent evaluator. Unfortunately, Marty Hurney has had that same knock against him too.

When both your coach and your GM have trouble in the same area, that's a problem (especially when it's an important one).

There's definitely been a problem with valuing the defensive backfield over the years. I'll just leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Maybe I'm still suffering from PTSD over the last several seasons, but I'd have kept Godwin for his superb hands, alone. To me he was a young (albeit shorter) version of Bersin with a little more speed and versatility. You need a guy that is not going to drop the ball, like I've seen of Moore, Samuel, Wright, the twin towers, etc.

Godwin has a much higher chance of clearing waivers than any of our RB’s. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Godwin has a much higher chance of clearing waivers than any of our RB’s. 

I don't know about that. I think anyone is clamoring over themselves for Holyfield, or the decidedly more talented Bonnafon. We'll see how it all turns out. I'm not crying over any cuts this year at the moment. 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Holyfield did not get drafted, so it's not like if he got claimed off waivers we couldn't turn right around and do the same thing.  Plus there's going to be a LOT of good veteran RBs hitting waivers today.

And I hope we grab one of them.

41 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Remember how made y’all got when Armah for cut? He spent two weeks on the practice squad because no one wanted him. Just because you watched Godwin all camp doesn’t mean he’s in high demand. 

FB and WR are two totally different things though. You cant really compare the two. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

...or poor talent evaluation.

Not looking to start a debate, but a lot of people here believe that Ron Rivera is a poor talent evaluator. Unfortunately, Marty Hurney has had that same knock against him too.

When both your coach and your GM have trouble in the same area, that's a problem (especially when it's an important one).

I’ll never forget Sione Fua sucking ass, but instead of cutting him after years of him sucking, we tried to make him an O-lineman.  And guess what?  He also sucked ass at that.  Big surprise.  Thankfully his stain has been removed. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

His regression coincided with his being named a starter though.

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I guess bad plays sticks in my head more than good plays with these fringe guys.  I just remember him getting burned on more than one occasion and then getting benched.  Then he went to IR.

Nah, I definitely remember him getting toasted at times, but I know we had a lot of issues going on defensively at the time as well.  Plus, he was our only real alternative from Worley when we first acquired him, and he was markedly better than him, so there's that lol.

2 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I’ll never forget Sione Fua sucking ass, but instead of cutting him after years of him sucking, we tried to make him an O-lineman.  And guess what?  He also sucked ass at that.  Big surprise.  Thankfully his stain has been removed. 

I think you mean nate chandler.

i don’t recall us trying fua at OL? 

Wow nvm wow 

Archived