• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

Godwin fell off a little bit after the Bears game in which everybody looked great returning, while Holyfield continued to look good and Scarlett never really got his touches to evaluate.

Lot of teams need a RB right now. They could wait until the musical chairs settles down and tinker there once they feel they could easily keep everyone.

3 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

We had him on a pod and got the whole story 

welp, nevermind then lol.  I'm certain I heard Rivera said we were missing someone last preseason due to a wisdom tooth, and I thought the question was about Seymour...  but alas, I'm an idiot.

1 hour ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Completely agree. The image that sticks in the head is him standing still as Kyle Van Noy got a clear run at the QB. Yet blocking is his strength? Reminds me of the talk of Russell Shepherd's ST prowess as a Gunner, when he didn't have any impact whatsoever.

He didn’t completely stand still, he did turn his body to get a good view of the sack.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

The fact that Seymour keeps making the team is indicative of failure &/or nonchalance (IMO).

...or poor talent evaluation.

Not looking to start a debate, but a lot of people here believe that Ron Rivera is a poor talent evaluator. Unfortunately, Marty Hurney has had that same knock against him too.

When both your coach and your GM have trouble in the same area, that's a problem (especially when it's an important one).

I don't get the amount of disdain for Seymour.  I really liked what I saw of him in that first year.  He's very twitchy and physical for his size.  When I noticed him regressing, we also weren't getting pressure and our safety play was pretty bad...  I think he's gonna show out if given the opportunity.

Maybe I'm still suffering from PTSD over the last several seasons, but I'd have kept Godwin for his superb hands, alone. To me he was a young (albeit shorter) version of Bersin with a little more speed and versatility. You need a guy that is not going to drop the ball, like I've seen of Moore, Samuel, Wright, the twin towers, etc.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I don't get the amount of disdain for Seymour.  I really liked what I saw of him in that first year.  He's very twitchy and physical for his size.  When I noticed him regressing, we also weren't getting pressure and our safety play was pretty bad...  I think he's gonna show out if given the opportunity.

I guess bad plays sticks in my head more than good plays with these fringe guys.  I just remember him getting burned on more than one occasion and then getting benched.  Then he went to IR.

Archived