• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm not mad at the decision.  Just surprised.  I think both guys have a lot of potential as developmental prospects, and Godwin just seemed to have enough polish already combined with how much we used him and who he played with (1st and 2nd string) that I thought he was an almost lock to make it...

It’s fluid. 

Just now, RoaringRiot said:

He was the third best CB before he got hurt. They like him. 

I liked him a lot his first year here, but he seemed to regress some in year two, and then the whole IR'd for a wisdom tooth thing happened and I just assumed he was gone after that.

I think he's gonna surprise some people and could help with the slot.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Yep, I thought we'd cut Holyfield. I don't cars what people say, he's JAG. 

Plenty of teams are in dire need of backup running backs right now. Some need starters. He’d be gone as soon as he hit waivers. If we want to stash him on the PS, we gotta wait.

Just now, top dawg said:

He's definitely an "effort" guy, which we know Rivera loves.

Good enough to play against starters though? I guess we'll see. If he sticks, I suspect he and Reggie Bonnafon are top candidates for game day inactive.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I liked him a lot his first year here, but he seemed to regress some in year two, and then the whole IR'd for a wisdom tooth thing happened and I just assumed he was gone after that.

I think he's gonna surprise some people and could help with the slot.

Wisdom tooth? He had double shoulder surgery. 

2 minutes ago, ellis said:

I’m glad they like them. We’ll see how it works out. I’m not as high on the guy. 

I remember that game where he was targeted for big gains over and over again. And if I recall correctly, it was Nathan Peterman that did it.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement...

4 minutes ago, ellis said:

I’m glad they like them. We’ll see how it works out. I’m not as high on the guy. 

That’s fine. His injuries definitely have him on the cusp. They like him. But he could be gone in the roster juggling in the next few days. Depends on when they think he’ll be ready

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

This.  I mean, I like the guy as well but some people are way overboard with him as the backup.  Just seems like a typical running back to me and I haven't seen anything that would justify keeping him over RB or Scarlett, I personally think both of those guys are superior backs by a good margin.  Scarlett reminds me of beast mode a lot ( not saying he is the next Lynch FFS just saying he reminds me of him ) and RB is basically a CMC lite.....we need someone with his skillset to make our offense run correctly.  

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I do like Holyfield but rarely in this league has a guy of his ability at HB just all of a sudden gotten way better and good enough to contribute. We’ve seen this same story again and again here with guys like Wegher, even CAP early on, several different guys in 2014, etc. Guys like Holyfield are a dime a dozen and keeping a 4th HB doesn’t make a ton of sense to me—if we were to have injuries at the position there are plenty of guys sitting on their couch who are no worse than Holyfield. Scarlett on the other hand has already shown legit promise that he can be a solid #2 or better.

I like Godwin too but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter all that much as neither has great odds of being an impact player. At least Godwin offered some possible PR ability...

Just now, RoaringRiot said:

That’s fine. His injuries definitely have him on the cusp. They like him. But he could be gone in the roster juggling in the next few days. Depends on when they think he’ll be ready

Do you know what they like about him specifically? I’m not trying to be a smart ass here. I get sources can be limited with info. What’s flashed to them in your opinion?

Archived