• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Moves - Saturday Edition

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

There was a rumor floated earlier that they were trying to trade Gaulden.

I can't really imagine he'd fetch too much in trade but hey...

I didn't think he would would fetch a 3rd round selection either when we picked him.  That was definitely Hurney's "Jimmy Clausen" selection of last draft. As they say, that one is going have to be chalked up as a loss.  We will never recoup 3rd rounder 'currency' for him in any potential trade.

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

Or course anything is possible. But losing a 7th rd WR who returned some punts (never in college) is worth the risk vs Holyfield out of gate, who they would like to have on the PS

I'm not mad at the decision.  Just surprised.  I think both guys have a lot of potential as developmental prospects, and Godwin just seemed to have enough polish already combined with how much we used him and who he played with (1st and 2nd string) that I thought he was an almost lock to make it...

9 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Remember how made y’all got when Armah for cut? He spent two weeks on the practice squad because no one wanted him. Just because you watched Godwin all camp doesn’t mean he’s in high demand. 

I’m actually still mad about that. Should’ve never risked him. He’s a beast.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree. I like Godwin better but that's a matter of opinion.

Wow. Gotta admit I have no idea what they see in him. I don't even remember if he was healthy right now.

Granted, if he's not they could be looking at IR or an injury settlement.

We aren’t talking Scot’s opinion though

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Scarlett is not CMC (nobody is), but I'd speculate that he is for real!

I see the potential, but I'm not nearly as high on Scarlett as some of you are...especially if he has to be inserted as the starter if CMC is out.

Alex Armah is a staple of the offense. He’s going to get a lot more touches out of 11 personnel. That’s something I’m pretty confident about. Particularly with the youth at halfback behind McCaffrey. I was sold on this guy after the Tennessee preseason game his rookie year. Not just because of his touchdown reception in the flat...he laid some strong ass blocks. 

Archived