• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The almost disaster....

Jeremy Igo

I’m gonna pull for the kid... I’m not so down on Gano as some, but he did seem to miss at the situationally wrong time...90% of the time he hit all the time....

Slye has a good story, seemingly tons of drive and he’s got the job now, why wouldn’t you want him to succeed? I know it’s a small sample but I’ll take 7:8 all day..... 

longest kick is 64yds, with Gano being 1 of 2 to hit 63, iirc. That 59yd kick looked to have more than enough to make them...

5 hours ago, ellis said:

Gano set a high bar. The missed PAT’s sucked but he has been a steady kicker for a few years now. Won’t take but a few misses for folks to freak out. 

Set the bar high. Set the bar high... Are you being serious?

Gano was the biggest conman in the NFL last year. He has constantly missed clutch field goals ever since the Super Bowl. If he didn’t have a big leg he would have been gone a long time ago.

Good riddance. I’d rather start fresh with Slye than a dude we can’t trust to the extent that we have to change our game plan because of him.

He only made that kick against the Giants last year because he we ran him out so fast he didn’t have to think about it. He’s not clutch, and the way we play football that’s not good.

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

How bad Gano's health is still surprises me. I know it was a concern but I would never have thought he wouldn't play a snap all year. 

If they had waited until after the Saturday cut to put him on IR he could've come back after week 8 but that also would've meant that we would have had to waive/cut in the Saturday cuts someone that we didn't want to.

6 hours ago, ellis said:

Gano set a high bar. The missed PAT’s sucked but he has been a steady kicker for a few years now. Won’t take but a few misses for folks to freak out. 

You forget he was so bad Rivera would go for it if it was 50yard fg. He isn't reliable past 45 and we usually stall out around there. 

Archived