• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The almost disaster....

Jeremy Igo

Think about it, the Panthers came extremely close to being just as screwed at kicker as the bears or Bucs. It's going to be a tough season to begin with, not having a NFL caliber kicker would make a winning season unlikely. 

God damn we are so lucky to have found Slye when we did. 

That was fuggin close.

4 minutes ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

These kickers just keep getting stronger and stronger. I have no doubt Ill see a 70 yarder one day.

Gano would pretty regularly hit them from 70 in practice and warmups if the wind was cooperating. Don’t think he could have done it in a game though. Getting the ball over the line and still hitting it that far would be an issue. Maybe in Denver with a good tailwind.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Think about it, the Panthers came extremely close to being just as screwed at kicker as the bears or Bucs. It's going to be a tough season to begin with, not having a NFL caliber kicker would make a winning season unlikely. 

God damn we are so lucky to have found Slye when we did. 

That was fuggin close.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch. All these kickers are capable of making field goals in meaningless games. Will he get the yipps when he misses one though? Gano pissed me off alot and I felt like his misses would come at the worst possible moments but reality is he was incredibly reliable for the most part and thats not always easy to find. Teams like the Vikings, Bucs, Browns always seem to have kicking issues that cost them 2 or so games every year

1 minute ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Dont count your chickens before they hatch. All these kickers are capable of making field goals in meaningless games. Will he get the yipps when he misses one though? Gano pissed me off alot and I felt like his misses would come at the worst possible moments but reality is he was incredibly reliable for the most part and thats not always easy to find. Teams like the Vikings, Bucs, Browns always seem to have kicking issues that cost them 2 or so games every year

Yeah the Bears wanted to go young and cheap and moved on from Robbie Gould and haven’t been able to find anyone. Cowboys tried to the same with Dan Bailey and that hasn’t gone super well either. Falcons are having a disaster of a time replacing Matt Bryant who they moved on from for some crazy reason.

Gano might not have been the best kicker but he was at least above average and that’s not an easy thing to replace. Really hope Slye crushes it because the alternative is miserable.

8 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Yeah the Bears wanted to go young and cheap and moved on from Robbie Gould and haven’t been able to find anyone. Cowboys tried to the same with Dan Bailey and that hasn’t gone super well either. Falcons are having a disaster of a time replacing Matt Bryant who they moved on from for some crazy reason.

Gano might not have been the best kicker but he was at least above average and that’s not an easy thing to replace. Really hope Slye crushes it because the alternative is miserable.

Im glad we found Gano, people must have not been fans long enough to remember the 2 year disaster it was trying to replace Kasay with Olindo Mare and Justin Medlock

Archived